Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: HISTORY OF THE EAGLES TOUR DVD??

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: HISTORY OF THE EAGLES TOUR DVD??

I see what you're saying, Soda, even agree with it to some extent. Getting one's hopes too high on anything but a sure thing is a great way to feel yourself come crashing to the ground later. On the other hand, the DVDs could be made and sitting in storage containers and the press release all ready to go and it still wouldn't happen while the tour is still going on, IMO. So while my hopes aren't necessarily up, I see no reason to give up all hope just because there's been no hint at it. In fact, if there had been a hint out there, I would have been totally shocked.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well to clarify my post, I was simply trying to point out that I believe it is too early for us to know either way whether or not there will be a DVD. I'm definitely not making a prediction because I haven't seen any evidence to support either argument. I just prefer to keep an open mind until I hear otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts
    Also, I remember having a very similar discussion a few years ago. Several asserted with confidence that the Eagles would make a DVD of the LROOE tour - some used the two years of wearing suits as "evidence" that the Eagles were surely filming the shows for the purposes of a DVD release - and just like this discussion, it was reasoned that they were filming the best performances from a variety of shows on the tour despite the fact that the Eagles themselves had never said they would be putting out a LROOE tour DVD. I desperately hoped the speculation was right... but all those hopes didn't make it materialize.
    And Soda - to your point here, I don't really recall specifically who argued what back then, but in fairness, it wasn't entirely implausible rationale at the time, other than, as now, it was all speculation. We, obviously, don't know what the band's plans are with respect to these matters. However, I'll say this - if there was any initial thought on their part to film a DVD with the suits during the LROOE tour, I'm not at all surprised that the idea was nixed by the band considering the amount of flack they received about those suits.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I try to keep my hopes high, but in many ways, it's safer to hope for little and be pleasantly surprised than hope for much and be disappointed.

Stevie Nicks actually went to the trouble and expense of filming a concert in Australia for the specific purpose of releasing it on a DVD. Not only did we have reason to hope, we thought it was in the bag. However, at the 11th hour, she junked the project when she didn't like how she looked. I couldn't help but notice that on the HOTE DVD, there was only one very brief clip of live footage post-Farewell 1, even when they were talking about the LROOE era. We all commented on it at the time and wondered about it. I think the guys have aged quite well, but they might be harder on themselves. Stevie certainly is; I have a bootleg of that show and she is gorgeous in it, yet she wasn't satisfied. As I said elsewhere, this also helps explain the hyper-vigilance about videos and photos that intensifies with every passing year.

Also, I remember having a very similar discussion a few years ago. Several asserted with confidence that the Eagles would make a DVD of the LROOE tour - some used the two years of wearing suits as "evidence" that the Eagles were surely filming the shows for the purposes of a DVD release - and just like this discussion, it was reasoned that they were filming the best performances from a variety of shows on the tour despite the fact that the Eagles themselves had never said they would be putting out a LROOE tour DVD. I desperately hoped the speculation was right... but all those hopes didn't make it materialize.

I'm not saying we should give up hope; however, I'm certainly not going to scold people who don't share that hope. We've been burned before. It's hardly surprising that some people are reluctant to enter into the same speculation again, much less declare another tour DVD which has never even been hinted at by the guys themselves to be highly likely and something we have every reason to expect.

Time will tell.

I will say that I am certainly hoping the optimists get the chance to say "I told you so!" How wonderful it would be to look back on this thread in a year's time and chuckle at my needless worries, right before I hit "play" on my HOTE live DVD.
    Well, Soda, thanks for at least trying to understand what I was saying. I suppose I was too honest.

When the F1 DVD was announced we knew about it well in advance. It was announced that they would be making a DVD at the time they announced the Australian tour, so in my view the fact that the HOTE tour is still in progress is not relevant. Like everyone else I hope I am proved wrong but I won't speculate further.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I believe we've talked before about it but what happens to all the video that is taken at each of the concerts? Someone is sitting on a gold mine. I'll take anything they'd throw at me.

And tho I'm more of a glass half full kind of gal- I had to agree when I read, FP's post- I'm not holding my breath either. I also hope I'm proven wrong.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Out on the Border

Definitely need a DVD of the tour--been a long time since Melbourne! Amazing to see Joe step up at Hope Estate in Oz.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by owen.johns View Post
    Definitely need a DVD of the tour--been a long time since Melbourne! Amazing to see Joe step up at Hope Estate in Oz.
    I'm sure we ALL totally agree!

And WELCOME O.J.!!!
    Hope you enjoy it here!

Agreed - and welcome!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Okay - I'm with the rest of you on the DVD. And o.j, welcome from me too.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

Really hope there is a DVD in the works.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Have we ever heard mention of a dvd at all?

I sure wish they would do one, too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten