Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Randy's Genealogy

Border Desperado Brooklyn Roads's Avatar

Default Re: Randy's Genealogy

Randy without his guitar and doing his 'Dad Dancing Badly at a Wedding' creases me up! With his German from Russia heritage maybe he has this dancing gene in his blood? Although I can't really see Randy flinging himself about like that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydRjBbWszsk
    So true!! Maybe he has some internal need to dance in that matter, like his ancestors, but it doesn't come off the same way!

The more I watch Randy in videos and in interviews (far and few between), I can tell he's playful, very shy, and an amiable kind of personality. He doesn't have any aggression in the way he talks. Maybe that's why I like him, too. He just seems like a very easygoing personality.

I need to watch this when I get home tonight (I would right now if I had headphones here at work!!)

Watch this to see how some of our European families, including Randy's, ended up being 'Russian' losing their identity along the way. It is incredible.

http://loiter.co/v/watch-as-1000year...arders-change/
    I've got to check this out when I get home, too. I am always searching for videos and docs involving our ancestors and it can be difficult. Thanks for finding this gem!

And she was married to one of my all time favorites, Laurence Olivier. So young and wonderful in Wuthering Heights and so evil in Marathon Man. And who could forget our Scarlett.
    I realize I did not respond to this! Yes, I LOVE "Wuthering Heights" with Merle Oberon and Olivier. Perfect together. Olivier is so nice to look at, even in later roles such as "Marathon Man." I loved him in "Sleuth," too. You get two great looking men - Michael Caine and Olivier for the entire movie!

It was Vivien's role in GWTW that had me so curious about her and her fragile beauty. I have read many books about her, the movie, etc. I even have a few of Vivien's signatures, newspaper clippings from 1939-1940 and one of the original play books from when GWTW first premiered. It's obvious I've been a fan for a long time!