Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Release a DVD of the 70's

Default Release a DVD of the 70's

I don't know if this has been discussed but I wish they would release a full DVD of the Eagles in concert in the 70's. I have the '77 concert that came with the greatest hits and that's very cool but I'm sure they have more that they could release and probably make a bundle off of. I'm sure as artists it's probably hard to pick one where at one point or another they are not cringing at something. I think there is a whole new audience who didn't get to see them in their hey day who would appreciate it.

Default Re: Release a DVD of the 70's

They didn't film all their shows back in the day. As we discussed in this thread, the concerts from that period were not filmed by the band (with the exception of the Washington DC 1977 show and the studio stuff), so it's more complicated than just the band deciding whether or not to release them.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

I would love to see more of their concerts from the 70s because I was not born any where near that time. Too bad they can't release some. Oh well.... a girl can dream.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Ah, thanks for clarifying Soda. That makes sense.

Stuck on the Border

I would rather have something more recent; a DVD/Blu Ray of the HOTE tour.

I'd love an HOTE DVD too but I'd LOVE LOVE more stuff from the 70s with Don Felder and Joe Walsh together...

Geez, does anyone know if they've filmed any of the current shows? Maybe they'll do so in Europe. I think it would be insane not to document the current tour. Especially because of Bernie and the history aspect of it.

And yes(!) I wish more stuff would come out from the 70's.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

If they do release from the current tour, and I hope they do, I hope they do like LZ did for Celebration Day, a DVD and an audio CD. While the visuals for the Eagles are fantasic when I'm in a shallow frame of mind, I prefer to listen to music than to watch it.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Troubadour

I too would love a DVD from any time around 1975-1978 (no Long Run thank you very much ), but I do fear their perfectionist mentality might get the better of them - if some of the songs aren't perfect its not like they can go and record another night and cut and paste a la Farewell 1. I also have a sneaking suspicion that's why the Capital Centre DVD is only 8 songs long.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

A friend of mine who was at one of the Capital Centre shows said they did not record the entire show. They came out, sang 'some' songs, then left the stage and the crowd was worried they weren't coming back at all because they were gone so long. Of course, he was probably high as a kite, but he very definitely remembers they didn't record the entire thing.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.