Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Old Saturday Night Live episode with Don has musical guest

Default Old Saturday Night Live episode with Don has musical guest

I was going through my guide to see when Don F was suppose to be on that On Tap show on VH1 Classic and found out the episode that Don was musical guest in 2001 will be on tomorrow at 1:00pm Eastern/12:00pm Central.

I don't know if all shows on VH1 Classic are shown at the same time across the US, but if you have this station check out the episode. I will record it since I'm at church at that moment.

Default Re: Old Saturday Night Live episode with Don has musical guest

Shun, if that show host is Conan O'Brien, Don is in a skit as well. It's not a really funny one, but he's in it!

Yes that's the one.

I actually have that episode(or Don's clips) on DVD. That skit that Don's in, Saturday Night Live seem to do that a lot with their musical guest. I guess they stopped it when the actors who were in the skit left the show.

I hope he's actually in it and not edited out! If you try to stream episodes on Netflix, all the music guests after 1980 have been edited out (the SNL folks didn't want to pay royalties). However, perhaps that's not the case with broadcasts.

I'm going to set my DVR - thanks for the heads up!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I forgot VH1 Classic cuts it and its only an hour, but if I remember. They do show the musical guest. I think Don will be on.

OK. They didn't show his skit or the other song he sang on the song. I forgot the other song he sings, but it was good that they did put one of his songs in that one hour. I got nervous that they weren't going to show Don. Even if they didn't show any of Don's skits or performance, we would had seen him at the end when they say goodbye.

IT was nice to see Don. You know whats funny. The 13th anniversary of that episode is in 8 days. March 10th. What a concidience. They showed it.

I basically fast forwarded everything that wasn't Don, which means I fast forwarded about 45 minutes. Great photos of Don at the beginning and before his performance!

They showed him performing EIDN. This was back when he was wearing sunglasses indoors all the time, inexplicably hiding those eyes and looking a bit silly. Thankfully he gave that up about a year later. EIDN didn't exactly highlight his stage presence as he tends to grimace through this song. It amped up nicely at the end though, beginning with the part where he sings "I don't care what you do for a living" - that whole segment is my fave part of the song for a reason. He had a whole choir of black folks backing him for the ending. Thus, he went out with a bang!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I love the climax on the song. It was a great performance. I think in the other sing he sang on the show the sunglasses were gone. At least wit these sunglasses, you can still see his blue eyes. I love the song, but I hate when he changes his voice at the beginning and then again into the second voice.

Oh Remember when I askede if Steuart was in Don's band during the IJ tour, the guy with dark hair wearing the hat who played electric guitar is who I thought was Steuart. In a clip when Don was touring with Stevie, he was in the band with Steuart too, but I wasn't in the band when I saw the Atlantic City clips from February of last year. That guy has been in Don's band since EOTI tour.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I love the climax on the song. It was a great performance. I think in the other sing he sang on the show the sunglasses were gone. At least wit these sunglasses, you can still see his blue eyes. I love the song, but I hate when he changes his voice at the beginning and then again into the second voice.

Oh Remember when I askede if Steuart was in Don's band during the IJ tour, the guy with dark hair wearing the hat who played electric guitar is who I thought was Steuart. In a clip when Don was touring with Stevie, he was in the band with Steuart too, but I wasn't in the band when I saw the Atlantic City clips from February of last year. That guy has been in Don's band since EOTI tour.
    You may be referring to Frank Simes. I don't know if he is still in Don's band because he started playing with Felder, I think.

That's him. Thanks, FP.

He's got an impressive resume. Don, Roger Daltery, The Who, Stevie. I saw on his Facebook page that he is touring with Don F. So he went from one Don to another. LOL He's the same age as my mother. He's got a birthday coming up on the 7th.

It was nice seeing Will too in the band.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 03-02-2014 at 09:15 PM.