Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Old Saturday Night Live episode with Don has musical guest

Default Re: Old Saturday Night Live episode with Don has musical guest

The skit is not what I would call funny, and the actors involved in it were not really funny on the show to begin with. Inadvertently, Don's snarky lines could have been true of the actors themselves, not just the parts they played.

It does indeed sound sucky from this summary off of tviv.org:

The DeMarco Brothers - Audition for Don Henley: With the help of Minor, Henley is auditioning new dancers. They turn down a fat dancer (Sanz). Kyle (Parnell) and Sean DeMarco (Kattan) arrive with their cousin Shannon (O'Brien), who is there for "tech support and understudying, but mostly tech support" to audition. Their first number, to All She Wants to Do Is Dance, is awful, so they follow it up with an equally awful Hotel California number. Before Henley throws them out, they try a third number to Dirty Laundry, which requires a third dancer, and they reluctantly take Shannon, but their "number" is kicking the crap out of him. Henley stops the music to help Shannon, but he doesn't hire the Dimarcos. (Note: Rerun broadcasts only.)

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I've seen that skit a few times with other musical guest. Its funny, but very stupid. I feel bad for the musical guest of that week when they had to do that stupid skit when they were on the show. Thank goodness it stopped when the main actors of the skit left.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    It does indeed sound sucky from this summary off of tviv.org:
    The DeMarco Brothers - Audition for Don Henley: With the help of Minor, Henley is auditioning new dancers. They turn down a fat dancer (Sanz). Kyle (Parnell) and Sean DeMarco (Kattan) arrive with their cousin Shannon (O'Brien), who is there for "tech support and understudying, but mostly tech support" to audition. Their first number, to All She Wants to Do Is Dance, is awful, so they follow it up with an equally awful Hotel California number. Before Henley throws them out, they try a third number to Dirty Laundry, which requires a third dancer, and they reluctantly take Shannon, but their "number" is kicking the crap out of him. Henley stops the music to help Shannon, but he doesn't hire the Dimarcos. (Note: Rerun broadcasts only.)
    Don's best line was, "I've got good news and bad news. The good news, is that you guys REALLY seem to enjoy what you're doing, but that's also the bad news! How about doing something that's not as terrible?"
    He looked good though, sunglasses and all.

I just tried to find the SNL episode on Netflix thinking that even if they cut out the musical numbers, maybe they'd have this skit. Weirdly, it seems all the SNL seasons except the 2010's have been taken off of streaming. When did that happen?!

Well, this is the information age, so I Googled my question and found the answer: Jan. 1, 2014. Looks like they've been made exclusive to Yahoo. Oh well. It probably wasn't on there anyway!

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I just learned of a thing called Yahoo Screen, my friend has the app on the phone and it is a website, and you can watch SNL episodes/sketches - it's easy. It has worked for everything I've looked for (most recently Melissa McCarthy in "Lulu Diamonds", but that's for another thread!)

I was checking that out. It appeared to only be sketches rather than full episodes (with the exception of the most recent ones).

If anyone has it - do they have full episodes as far back as the 2000-2001 season, when Don appeared?

I missed this! Crap.

I found the episode(of course I don't know how to get it off of the DVD), he sings EIDN and HOTM plus the skit. I forgot it was an older song he sings.

Did you buy the DVD? Where can I get it?
    ~Sara