Thread: Concert Staff Video Camera Operator

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Concert Staff Video Camera Operator

A question for those folks who have been lucky enough to sit in the first couple of rows during this tour: Does the staff video camera operator and his/her equipment greatly interfere with the view. I think VK briefly mentioned a problem with this in Raleigh, when she was front row on Joe's side. Many Thanks!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Concert Staff Video Camera Operator

When the guys are sitting down 'acoustic' style, the first five songs or so, yes, but only in the middle and to Joe's side. I sat on the center aisle seat on the side section, not center, and it was nearly completely blocked for me and the person next to me for those songs. It's the tripod camera at that spot and so higher, and the stage didn't seem as high. The other camera guy moves a lot, so if he interferes, it's not for long. Once they stand up (Doolin Daltin) it goes to an occassional block where I sat and in other places, and there's not much of a block at all in the second set.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

We sat directly in front of Joe in the first row at Cincinnati and yes, the camera guy blocked us for the first 4-5 songs (but he told us that was going to happen and he was very nice). It was actually kind of cool that we could see his screen and see the photos he was taking! hah!

Didn't really bother us.

Out on the Border johnnycomelately89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    A question for those folks who have been lucky enough to sit in the first couple of rows during this tour: Does the staff video camera operator and his/her equipment greatly interfere with the view. I think VK briefly mentioned a problem with this in Raleigh, when she was front row on Joe's side. Many Thanks!
    i was row 4 in seattle on Timothy's side and at first i thought that they would but they didn't at all.
    They will never forget you til somebody new comes along