Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: EAGLES AT NATIONWIDE ARENA, COLUMBUS, OHIO 3/5/14

Border Desperado

Default Re: EAGLES AT NATIONWIDE ARENA, COLUMBUS, OHIO 3/5/14

I am finally home. IU basketball game on Sunday, Eagles on Monday and Wednesday. I will try to get my review done in the next day or so. I also had 6 annoying people in front of me. I happened to be in section 102 but I was in row J. Details in my review. I am glad I got to meet Deb and her son before the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanny View Post
    Hi all
    Timothy was like this cute little guy who just got the crowd going
    And kept touching Scott Crago I think to tease him I thought it was cute.
    Oh that's nice!

and leroy, I understand 100% how you feel, I like to sit and listen too and those people sound annoying enough to smack

Thumbs up Re: EAGLES AT NATIONWIDE ARENA, COLUMBUS, OHIO 3/5/14

I saw where someone mentioned the red panties. I was front row center and on the left side someone threw a bra! It didn't quite make the stage but our security guy really had a giggle. This was my 12th show this tour. I was in Louisville for the first and Columbus for the last ( for now). All first row. I found that at the first show there were many sighs by the band after several songs as in wow we did it right! The shows got better and they became looser and seem to have more fun each time. Columbus was also the first time I saw ladies under things thrown.
    At the second show in Vegas Timothy was putting things on Scottie's cymbals so that when he hit them it went up in the air. Really cute!
    Shout out to Columbus. The crowd was far above both shows in Vegas. Folks finally stood up and danced late in second set. Out of 12 Columbus was one of top 5 crowds I have seen. We'll done

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Thanks everyone for the fun reviews. TF222, you are my hero - 12 shows, all front row! I'm sorry, but the image of someone throwing lacy underthings at Don Henley is absolutely hilarious. And Timothy B. picking them up and placing them on the drum kit?? Love it.

Out on the Border

Hello! I'm new to the board and just saw my first Eagles concert in Columbus. I've always enjoyed the Eagles but I am a big Dan Fogelberg fan.

I actually live near Cincinnati and always passed up opportunities to see the Eagles there, including the concert there on Monday. I started thinking I would really love to see the Eagles once so my wife and I went ahead and got tickets then drove up on Wednesday for the concert. And I'm glad we did.

I'll add a few comments. I thought the sound was very good for such a large arena. I'm used to a smaller venue such as the outdoor Riverbend Music Center in Cincinnati. Our seats were in the upper deck on Timothy's side of the arena. We had a decent view of the stage and a great view of the large screen to the left of the stage.

I liked how historical trivia was included and how the show flowed chronologically (for the most part).

I too had someone a little out of control sitting next to me (yelling "yeah" and "yeah baby" constantly). I suspect he had just a tad too much beer.

Seems like that always happens to us as well.

I was a bit surprised at how the overall crowd was subdued, but I prefer it that way.

I enjoyed the older, more acoustic songs more, although it's always good to hear Joe Walsh rock.

I thought Glenn's voice was very good. I thought Don Henley struggled a bit at times but overall did a very good job.

I'm so glad we decided to go - it was worth getting back home at 1:30 in the morning. I just wish I had gone to more of their concerts sooner.

Clarification. Timothy was putting scrunched paper and such. No ladies things.
    Sorry if I misled you. But that would be even funnier!!

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Zanny View Post
    Hi all
    So back to Don, he looked super hot. He had this in charge look going on and boy it worked, his hair is taking on a much better style and he had stubble which was a much better look
    I am skipping a few things here but, a woman in the first row yelled I love you don and that was when.He said honey. You don't even know me.
    So then. He sang the long run and did the great intro about how it's a miracle they are all together at this point when a pair of magenta panties, hit right by the very front of the stage. Wow.
    I had to pick out this part. My blood pressure rose very dangerously reading this! Don looking super hot I'm usually quite conservative but I can see myself replicating that woman when they perform in Ireland (don't know about the panties though - we call them knickers here, somehow that sounds more scandalous lol)

[/quote]
    Glenn introduced don as his long time friend - I thought that was awesome.[/quote]

Love this bit too - it's so sweet.

Thanks for the review Zanny, it was really great and I can emphathise with Leroy's experience. I was at a Vince Gill concert last year and the two women behind me never stopped talking the whole way through Vince's intros. I was furious. Why go to the show if you want to gossip?
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Quote Originally Posted by TimFan222 View Post
    Clarification. Timothy was putting scrunched paper and such. No ladies things.
    Sorry if I misled you. But that would be even funnier!!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks for the reviews everyone! Really appreciate getting all of these! Everyone remembers different things so we get more ideas on how it all was.

I can also sympathize with the people talking all the time. Really, why do they spend the money for these tickets and then sit there and talk through the whole thing? They miss out on most of the show and so do their neighbors who would really like to hear it! Be respectful of others, people!

One thing I don't really understand is why are they so upset about people texting? It doesn't make noise. They aren't usually standing while doing it. Yes, they miss the show, but that's their problem!

ETA: I've never seen undies thrown on stage at an Eagles show. I bet the guys, at their age, are quite enthralled with them!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by TimFan222 View Post
    This was my 12th show this tour. I was in Louisville for the first and Columbus for the last ( for now). All first row.
    Twelfth show this tour. All front row.

Can I ask where you folks get your disposable income? I want to get in line - lol! We agonized over dropping a modest $300 for three people for one show and in retrospect we don't regret a penny of it. It was phenomenal and we had a great time!

But front row, 12 times! Discounting the fact that those seats are almost impossible to get (and how did you do that - especially for 12 shows?), those have to cost a pretty penny. I am truly envious, TimFan222. You rock; more power to ya! You've got to be in Eagles heaven right about now...

Rick

"You can check out any time you like,
    But you can never leave!"