Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SO...HOW DO YOU THINK THE EAGLES' VOICES ARE HOLDING UP?

Default Re: SO...HOW DO YOU THINK THE EAGLES' VOICES ARE HOLDING UP?

Quote Originally Posted by ktdids View Post
    Shun, let's hope they've all stopped smoking by now, if not to save their lives let alone their voices!
    I think their voices have all held up really well. They're older, their voices are bound to change even a little. They have a comfortable range that they can work all the songs in, and deliver a quality show.
    Do I wish they sounded like they did on their albums from their youth? Sometimes maybe. I would be really interested in hearing King of Hollywood now, only because Don sounds so different on that song, going for that lower register in his voice. I wonder if he can still go down in his register as comfortably as he hits some of the higher notes, especially if the higher notes stress his back I'm sure.
    Oh that was Don singing King Of Hollywood. I don't know why I always thought that was Glenn singing. I had to listen to the song.

They both sing throughout, but Don is doing the low part.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks. I just listen to it and I was shocked that Don can sing that low. He's singing the verses right? I do hear somebody in the background, but I didn't know that was Glenn.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 03-10-2014 at 11:53 AM.

I was floored the first time I really listened to it, and had to mentally process that Don was doing the low and Glenn was adding on the high parts. It's not a favorite song for some people, but the vocals just do it for me all the time.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I saw them last October and I thought they sounded fantastic. I do think their voices have changed somewhat, but not enough that they don't sound wonderful. Especially Glenn and Don. I really don't think Tim's has changed much at all, but I think Joe sounds better than ever.

I agree if they didn't think they sounded good, they would quit. It's just them. They would want to go out on a good note, I'm sure! (pun intended!)

I do think Don sounds a little whiny once in a while and sometimes he doesn't have that smokey, raspy sound that I loved back in the day. (It went with his hair in your av, Rick! (One of my all time favorite pics of him there!) And I don't think Glenn sounds like he did back then either. He just sounded so young back then! But either of these things are not bad. They both still sound wonderful! And I agree that Glenn's doing the After Hours album helped him out a lot. Maybe he agrees with that since he has added back in some of the songs he cut.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I think they are holding up quite well for all of them.

Henley's always been my favorite vocalist but all of them still sing great and can mostly hit the notes on the records, which I like.

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

I think all of them still sound amazing. I was very impressed when I saw them.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.