Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Eagles in Tacoma, WA - Aug. 25, 2014

Default Re: Eagles in Tacoma, WA - Aug. 25, 2014

The dinners are nothing to write home about. They're your typical catered fare: salad, dinner rolls, chicken alfredo, green beans, brownies, etc. You serve yourself, buffet style. Since you're vegan, you definitely want to eat beforehand; the salad and veggies would be it for you.

I would limit myself to two glasses of wine, three max; not only do you want to not get out of control, but you don't want to have to go to the bathroom during the show! The wine is nothing fancy.

It's fun to listen to Eagles music and talk to fellow fans while you eat. The raffle is nice if you win something, lol. The prizes are typically shirts and other merchandise. I do like the T-shirt and bag that comes with every VIP ticket. In the past, they've given people more in their bags, but that's what I got in Memphis.

I know you will have a great time!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Dreamer, Soda & I sat at a table with a couple at the VIP dinner for the Memphis concert and they were getting pretty wasted. Of course I think they had a pretty good start before they got there.

Yeah, they were blitzed alright! I just shake my head when I see that. You pay all that money and then you get drunk before the concert even gets started? But they looked like hard drinkers to me. If there hadn't been free flowing wine at the dinner, they'd have gone to the vendors and paid for it.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

It's different at each venue. The VIP dinner at Indianapolis last Oct was simply amazing. A huge selection of food, and the presentation was fantastic, and it tasted like it came from someone who knew how to cook. The dinner at DC last July was pretty good as well. In Cincinnati, the food was just OK, but they had the most AMAZING chocolate covered strawberries I've ever eaten. Atlanta/Alpharetta was rather dismal. Vegas was marginal. Seattle was OK, and it was a cash bar. Most places you get two free drinks. Seattle was not free. The two concerts I went to at MSG last November were OK, they at least had more variety.

It's usually chicken and fish at most of them. Salads (usually tossed). Side dishes like baked ziti. Most have cheese plates, I think, and yes, the desserts vary wildly. I seldom eat dessert so I don't usually pay attention to those, however the strawberries were works of art and tasted just as good. I've never seen them elsewhere.

ETA: Yes, I've seen a lot of drunks at the VIP party and I have to say, most had a head start before arriving. I've certainly never gotten a headstart. I don't think I've ever gotten drunk before or during a concert. Just afterwards!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I defer to your experience, VA! Since I also did VIP at Atlanta, it looks like I just am unlucky, lol. I remember they wouldn't even allow you to have two Cokes without paying extra! Oh well, a lack of delicious chocolate covered strawberries keeps me from getting too stuffed before the show.

Wow...you guys are such pros! Thanks for all of the VIP analysis!

I am glad that I thought to ask you for a snapshot of what to expect...we'll probably grab a bite beforehand, just in case (we're used to doing that, we don't mind!).

I'm not a foodie - though those chocolate strawberries DO sound amazing! - so it will just be such a thrill to be there and experience everything!

And yes, I will go with the suggestion to limit myself to 2 glasses of wine...; Having to go to the bathroom and missing the show would be so dumb!

We were thinking the same thing, about partying after the concert...We were wishing that the VIP party was AFTER the show! I'm usually flying so high afterwards, I just hate to go home, and on a Monday night, there won't be any fun places still open! We'll just have to have an at-home post-concert party on our own, I guess!

It'll be fun to compare notes with you afterwards, now that I'll be an official VIP fan !

Thanks, Everyone, for the great stories!

The shows so far in 2014 are being done by On The List Presents, as far as VIP. Before that it was VIPNation. The only show I've gone to under OTL is the Cincy show.
    VK

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

There are no VIP experiences in Dublin (As a public we don't tend to go for that. Most of us just want a seat at the concert), but VIP nation are doing the VIP in London for 2014
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

One week from tonight our guys hit the road again!
    VK

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Woo Hoo!!