Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn's Women?

Border Desperado

Default Re: Glenn's Women?

When I saw Joni Mitchell's name on Soda's list above (thank you for that), I just remembered something from the Columbus OH show earlier in the month. Glenn had mentioned that Joni Mitchell had taught him some guitar technique- interesting.

Stuck on the Border

Glenn is included in a list of Eve Babitz's conquests, which probably isn't too big a surprise as she used to hang around with that crowd.

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/20...s-party-scene#

Most relevant bit in that piece is
    But a crucial difference—one of many—between Eve and Edie is that Eve was bedding these guys before they’d made it. And it’s not star f***ing if they aren’t stars yet, is it? As Steve Martin, then a young banjo-playing comic and Troubadour regular, explained, “Nobody was famous yet. Eve knew who the talented ones were.”
    There's a line in one of her books:
    I used to just live at a place somewhat like this, the Troubadour Bar, back in the days when I was a twenty-five-year-old groupie, trying to get into Glenn Frey's life.
    That would have been around 1969-1970.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm a 46 year old groupie STILL trying to get into Glenn Frey's life!!! Lol.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I'd like in his life for maybe a weekend....Say at a nice resort....

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I'm a 46 year old groupie STILL trying to get into Glenn Frey's life!!! Lol.
    Too funny, GA!

I can't think of any other confirmed romances in Glenn's life either, especially after he became famous. However, I'll mention a few other ladies that he has been tied to.

Of course, Glenn has said one of the reasons he wanted to come to L.A. was to follow his then girlfriend, Joan Sliwin. Joan was in a group with her sisters and friends called The Honey Ltd. JD Souther was dating, and then briefly married to Joan' sister, Alex, and this is how Glenn and JD met.

Another lady that comes to mind is James Taylor's sister, Kate. Allegedly, Glenn wrote the song Get Up, Kate for/about her, but I don't know if they were romantically involved. But back in the early 70's, what do you think the odds might have been?

Then, last of all, there is Cher who has confirmed that she once dated one of the Eagles, although she didn't disclose any other details. This is pure speculation on my part, but, I always suspected it was Glenn. Based on what I can figure out, it seems that the most likely time for Cher to hook up with an Eagle would have been around '87-'88. That was a time when both she and Glenn were hanging out in Aspen a lot with the same circle of friends. But, again, I could be totally wrong and any of the other Eagles are certainly possibilities.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Funny GA!

And I never heard that about Cher Dreamer. Very interesting! The timeline does fit.

I always thought Glenn and Linda R. would have made a very cute couple in the 70's. I agree with Glenn - that darn John David Souther!

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Too funny, GA!

I can't think of any other confirmed romances in Glenn's life either, especially after he became famous. However, I'll mention a few other ladies that he has been tied to.

Of course, Glenn has said one of the reasons he wanted to come to L.A. was to follow his then girlfriend, Joan Sliwin. Joan was in a group with her sisters and friends called The Honey Ltd. JD Souther was dating, and then briefly married to Joan' sister, Alex, and this is how Glenn and JD met.

Another lady that comes to mind is James Taylor's sister, Kate. Allegedly, Glenn wrote the song Get Up, Kate for/about her, but I don't know if they were romantically involved. But back in the early 70's, what do you think the odds might have been?

Then, last of all, there is Cher who has confirmed that she once dated one of the Eagles, although she didn't disclose any other details. This is pure speculation on my part, but, I always suspected it was Glenn. Based on what I can figure out, it seems that the most likely time for Cher to hook up with an Eagle would have been around '87-'88. That was a time when both she and Glenn were hanging out in Aspen a lot with the same circle of friends. But, again, I could be totally wrong and any of the other Eagles are certainly possibilities.
    Dreamer- I remember reading an article years ago in which Cher did disclose that she dated one of the Eagles and would not say who it was. I thought it was rather strange at the time because In my mind, I categorized Cher as being a lot older than the guys but in fact they are all around the same age, I think Cher has just been in the public eye a lot longer.

In the Henley Heaven thread there was mention of Don dating Cher's half sister and that got me thinking that most likely he was not the Eagle that dated Cher. You may be on target about Glenn Frey - I would never have put those two together but thinking about it- it makes sense!

The thing is Cher is only a year older than Don, Joe, and Timothy. Now she is 2 years older than Glenn. She does like the younger men. Not someone who's 2 or 3 years older than her. More like 20 years maybe lesser, but not someone who's very close to her age.

If Glenn did date Cher, he had to date her after his divorce in 1986 and before he met Cindy in 1988.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

The thought of Cher dating Timothy makes me LOL! I don't know why, just can't see that couple happening, and he's been w/Jean straight through since at least '78. It's got to be Glenn. Or Joe. I could definitely see either one of those couples - good times!!

Or Don. Isn't their some years missing with who he was dating.

Joe was married and wasn't he having an affair with Stevie around that time too or that was already over.

I was just comparing the guys ages with Cher's age not necessary said they dated her.