Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Glenn's Women?

Out on the Border

Default Lynn Theel aka Lynn Schiller information

Does anyone know if Lynn went to Dondero High School in Royal Oaks? I read somewhere that she did. I also remember that she was involved with Glenn in high school. He would have been a senior and she a Freshman or Sophmore. Does anyone know when she went to Germany for a year? I believe when she was in high school.

Also, Lorelei Shellist claimed to be best friends with Lynn at age 16. Did Lorelei go to Dondero? She has a picture of her and Lynn in mid 70's at Glenn and Lynn's place.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Out on the Border

Default Re: Glenn's Women?

Nobody mentioned Joan Sliwin. He apparently followed her out to LA

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Hadn't seen this thread till know. We do know now his first girlfriend's name was Nanci Kezlarian after an interview she did with other friends Glenn had from high school (it's in the "Remembering" thread). They were only 14 but stayed friends all the way till he passed. I still find that amazing he performed "Take it Easy" at her house before it was released as a single when he was back visiting his family and friends in 71/72.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Lynn Theel aka Lynn Schiller information

Welcome Jack. Actually, Joan Silwin is mentioned in several posts in this thread, as well as, several other threads in this forum.

Regarding your other post, I assume you are talking about Lynn Schiller (aka Lynn Theel). She was born in Detroit, so it's definitely possible that she attended Dondero. I have a couple of yearbooks from Glenn's high school years. When I get some time, I'll have to check them out and see if she is in them.

IIRC correctly from her book, I think Lorelei was born and grew up in California. She and Lynn were friends when she was 16, but Lynn was older.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Lynn Schiller's birthdate is given as March 1951, so she'd have been about 24 at the time, 2-3 years younger than Glenn.
    Lynn Schiller has a cold. Sniffles, sore throat, headache, the whole routine. She has had it ever since she took that boat ride to Catalina Island a little while ago, underestimating the chill sea wind. To Lynn, having a cold is more than just a pain in the head, for it keeps her from doing the things she likes to do; namely, swimming, acting, dancing and singing. She is adept at all those activities, especially acting and singing. In high school and college, she sang with school bands, and during a year in Germany, she and a small combo entertained at several Army bases.
    She plays the guitar now and is learning piano. Her voice is high, with the lilting quality of a Joni Mitchell, and she is beginning to write her own songs - ballads, mostly, with a touch of country. When she is not singing, she takes acting lessons or ad-libs comic skits with the Ace Trucking Company, an improvisational troupe. She has just graduated from the famous Lee Strasberg Theatrical Institute and hopes to land a decent part in a movie soon. A musical would be perfect. Meantime, between dates with her boyfriend, Glenn Frey, currently of the rock group Eagles, Lynn is doing a little modeling (in Playboy’s May feature “T” Formations, she is the model with the roller skates and the hose) and taking modern-dance lessons.
    And when she is not doing any of those, chances are you’ll find her out swimming, surfing, horseback riding or playing tennis or baseball. Baseball!? “I grew up with three brothers,” she says, “and learned to play all the sports little boys play.” She describes herself as perky, flirtatious and occasionally aggressive (“When I know what I want, I go after it”). Generally speaking, she’s extremely active; but what with this cold, she’s stuck indoors, in bed. But then again, there’s a whole lot a person can do indoors, in bed.
    https://www.playboy.com/galleries/pl...ller-0/slide-1

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Welcome Jack. Actually, Joan Silwin is mentioned in several posts in this thread, as well as, several other threads in this forum.

Regarding your other post, I assume you are talking about Lynn Schiller (aka Lynn Theel). She was born in Detroit, so it's definitely possible that she attended Dondero. I have a couple of yearbooks from Glenn's high school years. When I get some time, I'll have to check them out and see if she is in them.

IIRC correctly from her book, I think Lorelei was born and grew up in California. She and Lynn were friends when she was 16, but Lynn was older.
    This book excerpt might help - her family lived in Pacific Palisades when she was born

https://books.google.com/books?id=vy...hiller&f=false

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post

Dreamer,
    I appreciate the information. Lynn would have been the class of 1969. Glenn was class of 1966 even though his birthday was so late in the year. I guess they didn't have cutoff like they do today.

I am very curious when she apparently went to Germany for a year. Playboy implies high school/college which doesn't make sense. Why would a 16 year old disrupt her high school to go abroad for a year to play in a band? There are reasons why I am digging into this.

Out on the Border

So Lorelei was 16 and Lynn was 23. It seems odd that a 16 year old has a best friend who is 23. That's the math based on 1974.

Stuck on the Border

Jack, I think they became friends because they were dating Don and Glenn who were still close at that time. When the band went on the road, Don got Lorelei to move into Glenn's house with Lynn so they would be company for each other.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Jack, I think they became friends because they were dating Don and Glenn who were still close at that time. When the band went on the road, Don got Lorelei to move into Glenn's house with Lynn so they would be company for each other.
    So Don was dating Lorelei when she was 16? Remember, Lorelei states in her book and on her Facebook page that she was best friends with Lynn when she was 16.