Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Glenn's Women?

Out on the Border

Default Re: Glenn's Women?

Quote Originally Posted by JackS1967 View Post
    So Don was dating Lorelei when she was 16? Remember, Lorelei states in her book and on her Facebook page that she was best friends with Lynn when she was 16.
    I appreciate everyone's help here. Any further info on Lynn regarding high school, supposed trip to Germany and any connection with Glenn in high school would be of tremendous value to me.

I read somewhere that they actually dated (maybe briefly) in high school. Glenn would have been a senior and Lynn a freshman.

Thank you all for your help.
    Jack

Stuck on the Border

So Don was dating Lorelei when she was 16? Remember, Lorelei states in her book and on her Facebook page that she was best friends with Lynn when she was 16.
    Yes. In her book she says she was 16 when dating Don. She says that Glenn and Lynn met at a dinner party in LA. You can scroll through quite a lot of the book using the link someone posted earlier today or yesterday.
    I'm sorry, that's all I can find.

16....geeze how old was he? YIKES!

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    16....geeze how old was he? YIKES!
    I am not exactly sure (26?) but she discusses her relationship with Henley in detail in this book excerpt - it jumps around a bit you have to read thru to the end

https://books.google.com/books?id=vy...hiller&f=false

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - Remember our guys were 'teen kings' back in the day.

One thing to keep in mind is that attitudes were very different back then so it really wasn't considered that unusual, especially for rock stars, to date very young girls/women. Many people, including my own mother, were married with children by the time they were 18 years old (and some even younger). The majority of marriages back then occurred before the couple were 25. Check out this graph ...

https://www.census.gov/hhes/socdemo/...AA2012figs.pdf

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

IIRC Beach Boys founder Brian Wilson began dating his first wife Marilyn when she was 15. They got married when she was 16.

CA has a marital exception to statutory rape law(s).

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well - Remember our guys were 'teen kings' back in the day.

One thing to keep in mind is that attitudes were very different back then so it really wasn't considered that unusual, especially for rock stars, to date very young girls/women. Many people, including my own mother, were married with children by the time they were 18 years old (and some even younger). The majority of marriages back then occurred before the couple were 25. Check out this graph ...

https://www.census.gov/hhes/socdemo/...AA2012figs.pdf
    Thanks for that perspective. I know my first reaction was "16?!" But then I thought of my parents who started dating when my mother was 16 and father 28 and although a big age gap, no one thought it unnatural.
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 04-25-2016 at 06:07 AM.

Wonder whether he would feel that way if a 26 year old wanted to date his 16 year old daughter.

My grandmother was married at 14, had 2 children & was a widow by 19. Think she married my grandfather when she was 21, he was a 22 year old widower with 2 kids. Then went on to have 9 more kids but I never met my grandfather. He died 10 years before I was born.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yes, things are very different today! My mom was 16 when she married my dad who was 22. They had 5 kids and managed to stay together for 61 years till my dad died.

I got married in 74 and was 2 weeks shy of my 18th birthday. My hubby was 18. We each had to have a parent sign for our marriage license! We've managed 41 years now. Lots of ups and downs, but hanging!

Anyways, those ages are looked at a lot differently today! Funny how time changes things!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

On the question of how Don might feel about a 26 year old man dating his 16yr old daughter: Personally I would imagine both he and his wife would have major concerns - 10 years is a considerable age difference - certainly well outside the close-in-age exception some states allow incl Texas I believe.