Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eric Clapton

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

You're welcome. Let me know if you like it or not. BTW, what do you think of the new song from James Blunt 1973? Have you already heard it? I really love this song.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Okay, now I can sleep at night

Default Eric Clapton

Spotted this on Pollstar. Clapton does put on an Ed Sullivan (Really Good Shew) Wish he'd tour the States. I've only caught him once back in 2004 I think at Crossroads in Dallas.

Artist Updates

Eric Clapton (9 updates)
    Mon 05/11/09 Dublin, IRE
    Wed 05/13/09 Liverpool, UK
    Thu 05/14/09 Manchester, UK
    Sat 05/16/09 London, UK
    Sun 05/17/09 London, UK
    Tue 05/19/09 London, UK
    Wed 05/20/09 London, UK
    Fri 05/22/09 London, UK
    Sat 05/23/09 London, UK

MikeA

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eric Clapton

You know it's funny you posted this. I've just booked to see Eric next March here in Sydney. I've seen him twice before, but that was back in the 80s. I'm surprised you didn't find the Australian dates listed. Like Jackson Browne, he's playing one of these vineyard shows.

Vague Top 10 (including Cream songs):

Layla
    Badge
    White Room
    Crossroads
    Promises
    Let It Grow
    Wonderful Tonight
    Strange Brew
    Layla (acoustic version. It took a long time to grow on me but I get it now).
    Motherless Children

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Eric Clapton is amazing!! My husband and I's first date was an Eric Clapton concert n Chicago back in 1987 during his tour for his album August. That is when Phil Collins and Greg Phillinganes were touring with him. It was a great show. Hopefully he will make it back to the states this time around. I'd pay good money to go see him again.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Eric Clapton is amazing!! My husband and I's first date was an Eric Clapton concert n Chicago back in 1987 during his tour for his album August. That is when Phil Collins and Greg Phillinganes were touring with him. It was a great show. Hopefully he will make it back to the states this time around. I'd pay good money to go see him again.
    Willie, Wow!! what an amazing concert that would be!! I would love to see Clapton in concert but, again.. ARGH.. not only is he NOT coming to the Pac NW, he's not even coming to the States! (deep breaths, calm calllmm.. happy place happy place.. ooommmmmm...... ...) Im working on my "Lack of concert rage" *G*

Border Desperado

I saw Eric Clapton at the Borgata, Atlantic City, N.J. on May 25, 2008. He is right there at the top of my list of favorite musical entertainers along with the Eagles. The show was great. It was more "bluesy" than rock which seemed to disappoint some of the audience. The tickets were a gift from my wife. They were in the fourth row, center stage. He seems to be getting better as he gets older.

It was the best Clapton show I have ever seen.

I"ll provide the set list in a future post.

(Joe Walsh was one of his guests his guest for the Crossroads Guitar Festival 2004. He played "Steamroller" along with James Taylor and performed Funk 49 and Rocky Mountain Way.)

Quote Originally Posted by Just Another Hired Hand View Post
    (Joe Walsh was one of his guests his guest for the Crossroads Guitar Festival 2004. He played "Steamroller" along with James Taylor and performed Funk 49 and Rocky Mountain Way.)
    I'm on that DVD from the Cotton Bowl Crossroads when Walsh played RMW. I'm not exactly a featured guest, but I'm shown during the talk-box solo in the crowd. Actually, the boom camera operator was, I think, a bit taken with Melanie, a young lady who dragged me all the way to the front of the stage for Joe's performance! I was behind her.

Find the lady with the green wristband raised up. That's Mel and I'm right behind her white had backwards and sunglasses (forwards!)

Last edited by MikeA; 12-05-2008 at 02:49 PM.

MikeA

Very cool!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

*G* Cool!! there you are!! You look a little confused, Mike. *G* Kinna like "I thought this was the line for the mens room.." JUST kidding hehehehehe