Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Meisner in the Press

Default Randy Meisner in the Press

While I was searching for Timothy articles I came across this interesting interview with Randy

http://www.smoothjazznow.com/intervi...dy_meisner.htm

Thanks for this find. I love Randy's attitude about his fans!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

It's a great interview, isn't it? I've read it a couple of times over the last 9 months. Sounds like such a sweet guy.
    You can spend all your time making money
    You can spend all your love making time
    If it all fell to pieces tomorrow
    Could you still be mine

That's a great interview. Thanks for posting it, TF. I particularly like the bit about the wildlife around his home - that's very sweet.
    interesting to hear he sings Already Gone, although I'm not sure he is 'the voice of' AG!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    That's a great interview. Thanks for posting it, TF. I particularly like the bit about the wildlife around his home - that's very sweet.
    interesting to hear he sings Already Gone, although I'm not sure he is 'the voice of' AG!
    Well, he was "already gone" from the Eagles. Still, I can't imagine him doing it instead of Glenn.

Wow! That was so cool. Thanks for posting that TF.

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    Well, he was "already gone" from the Eagles. Still, I can't imagine him doing it instead of Glenn.
    Can you imagine him singing Take It Easy? He does that one too with the World Classic Rockers. And he does it pretty well. If anyone wants to hear it, I can email it, or I can email to Soda to put it wherever.
    You can spend all your time making money
    You can spend all your love making time
    If it all fell to pieces tomorrow
    Could you still be mine

It would be great if you could e-mail that to me, RG. I'd love to hear it and I'd be happy to post it for anyone else as well.

Thanks for posting it. Very interesting.

Default Randy Interview in Classic Rock

I mentioned this article in the 'Imposter' thread. it's short, but Randy comes over as a really nice guy.

Randy Meisner
    The Eagles’ first bassist likes life out of the limelight.

Randy Meisner found international fame as a founding member of the Eagles. A talented bassist and a versatile singer/songwriter, Meisner delivered the Eagles’ 1975 smash million-seller Take It To The Limit. He remained an integral part of the Eagles throughout the groups’ 70s heyday, before leaving in 1977 after the completion of the Hotel California tour. He went on to release several solo albums and today spends his free time playing gigs with the World Class Rockers, a band comprised of former members of Journey, Steppenwolf, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Santana and Toto. Classic Rock grabbed him for a quick chinwag.

You’re very underrated as a bass player – your lines in the Eagles are very melodic.
    I loved R&B and the bass players on the Motown stuff were great. They really inspired me. I can’t read music. Once I learn a part it’s there. My bass playing came real naturally. In the Eagles’ rehearsals that’s how a lot of the songs would come together. Everyone would bring their own little thing of how they played, and that’s what made the sound of the band. On Hotel California [Don] Felder designed that bass part and I played it. Boy, it was a rough one to sing and play at the same time. That took a while to learn.

With Don Henley and Glenn Frey writing the majority of the Eagles’ material, was it difficult for you to get your own songs recorded?
    No. Everybody was welcome to write a song. I didn’t write as much, that’s all. I’d bring in a song and they’d tell me if they liked it and often they’d say: “Let’s finish this sucker.”

How did Take It To The Limit come about?
    We drank a lot of beer at the Troubadour – Randy Newman, Steve Martin, Jim Morrison, all these people that we’d know hung out here. We’d go down there and have a few beers. That’s how I started Take It To The Limit. I went back to my house one night from the Troubadour. It was real late at night. I was by myself and started singing and playing. ‘All alone at the end of the evening…’ That’s where it started. I had a couple of verses. Don and Glenn [Frey] helped me finish it just in time to get it on the record.
    I was nervous about doing that song live. I wouldn’t have spotlights on me. I just didn’t want to be in the limelight.

Have you come to terms with the Eagles’ legacy?
    It’s just good to know that kids nowadays are listening to it. It’s long-standing music. They’re good songs. They lyrics are really good and the way that they were produced and the way that we played them. That’s why on Hotel California we were so precise and wanting to make it so perfect. We made sure we got it so good.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...