PART ONE: THE LEAD UP!

I arrived in Brooklyn about 1:00 pm. The first thing I did was check out the Barclay Center, but there was no red carpet being set up. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise, as I needed to go get ready, not hang around. Plus, it was pretty windy and cold! I went off, got dressed, and rode the subway back.

This is what the marquee looked like outside the venue:

I saw NYC fan on the way to my seat and we chatted a bit. Too bad we couldn't do anything afterward, but she was in a rush!

I passed the VIP entrance on the way to my seat and almost got run over by Michael Douglas. Sting was also milling about. There were celebs everywhere!

Finally, I got to my seat. It was not bad, not bad at all! Here's the view:

There were too many celebrities at the tables on the floor to count!

I looked in vain for Glenn and Stevie, but I saw all of the inductees as they were at the tables closest to the front (sometimes switching around a bit). Here's a photo I took of the section of the floor closest to us (the red-haired lady turned away is Bonnie Raitt):

The night started out with the induction of Peter Gabriel, announced by Chris Martin. I really enjoyed his performance of "In Your Eyes."

Cat Stevens was next. He joked about how he couldn't believe someone who didn't do drugs, didn't sleep around, and worshiped one God would be inducted. His performances were fantastic! I didn't know the first song he did, but I loved "Wild World" and "Peace Train" was terrific, too.

Then it was time for KISS, and boy, were a lot of KISS fans there. Some of them were in full makeup. My cousin's wife is in a KISS tribute fans and I once dated a KISS fan, so I know there are many cool ones. However, sitting behind me were two members of the KISS army that were completely obnoxious jerks! They talked loudly through all of the speeches and performances, and even when the members of KISS were giving their speeches, they still weren't quiet! They felt the need to loudly holler "GENE!!!" "PAAAUL!" "KISS! KISS! KISS!" as the guys talked. UGH! Oh well, it didn't ruin my night, but what idiots!

As you guys know, KISS decided not to perform. I wasn't devastated. I was eagerly awaiting what would come next...