Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn to induct Linda Ronstadt into HOF on April 10

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn to induct Linda Ronstadt into HOF on April 10

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Here's another angle - Glenn comes in about 7:00 min in. While it's not from Glenn's side, you'll catch glimpses of his face that make it worth a watch for Glenn fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=JzMYVzg4kvc
    The glimpses of Glenn = good. Side view is not Stevie's best though LOL.
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Thanks Soda!!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Thank goodness all the members of the Eagles past and present were inducted, as was only right.

I remember Don Felder said in his book that Bernie and Randy almost weren't, but he implied it was up to Glenn and Don. Timothy seemed to think he was lucky to get inducted, as if it weren't a sure thing (see his speech). However, here, KISS says that the Hall determined who got inducted.

Weird.
    It’s the Rock Hall's nominating committee that determines, on a case-by-case basis, which members of a band are inducted. The band decides who takes part in the induction ceremony.

In his book, Don Felder doesn’t say that Glenn and Don H. didn’t want Bernie and Randy to be inducted. It really wasn’t up to them to decide. Don F. says that Glenn and Don H. didn’t want Bernie and Randy to attend and perform at the ceremony.

Thanks for clarifying. That makes sense, at least in the case of the Eagles.

However, I think it might not be as clear-cut as that in some cases. Bob Welch's widow claims (perhaps erroneously? but she vehemently argues it) that Christine McVie blocked Bob Welch getting inducted in the case of Fleetwood Mac.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

The trailer for the HBO airing of the ceremony! Glenn is on it twice:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag15mH9i0EA[/ame]

Thumbs down Re: Glenn to induct Linda Ronstadt into HOF on April 10

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    It’s the Rock Hall's nominating committee that determines, on a case-by-case basis, which members of a band are inducted. The band decides who takes part in the induction ceremony.

In his book, Don Felder doesn’t say that Glenn and Don H. didn’t want Bernie and Randy to be inducted. It really wasn’t up to them to decide. Don F. says that Glenn and Don H. didn’t want Bernie and Randy to attend and perform at the ceremony.

If that is true, that is very shallow of Don and Glenn if they didn't want Bernie and Randy to attend and perform, . Without Randy and Bernie the Eagles would not have been and succeeded the way they did. Even Glyn Johns said it was the harmony of the voices that made them a band! Again, if that's true, I really have a sour taste in my mouth now for Don and Glenn. Dang, that's something I'd never heard before. I thought they were all in agreement with the entire members reuniting and performing for the induction!
    It now makes total sense why Timmie said what he did about Randy being in the trenches and giving Randy the kudos! I Applaud Timothy B Schmit for that now more than ever. Shame on you Don and Glenn if you really felt that way. I seriously hope that it is not true..

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

We obviously don't know what Don and Glenn were thinking about who appeared at the ceremony (except for what Felder wrote, but I take that for what it is worth - he may be 100% correct, or it may be his perception), but I think that one legitimate way of looking at the issue is if you consider the band to be like a company and the band members to be employees. When you quit your job, you do not get the cool things that accrue to the organization later. If you quit in July, you don't get the year-end bonus. The issue really isn't what their contribution was to the band during its founding and success - that is determined by the committee per SM's information (though I'm sure the committee MUST consult with the main band members for guidance, how would they know what each member's contribution was?) as to whether they're inducted. The issue is who gets to do the ensuing "cool" stuff with the band after they've quit. Say Randy left in July, and Hotel California won best song in February (I'm making this up), does he get to attend the Grammys with the band? Of course not. All I'm saying is I don't think it's that much of a stretch for Don and Glenn to say, "Uh, those guys fought with us and quit the band over 20 years ago, they're not coming up here with us." Which obviously wasn't the way it went, but I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

[edit: I just realized this is the Glenn/Linda thread - this probably isn't the right place for this conversation]

Since Bernie and Randy did indeed attend and perform, Glenn and Don were obviously perfectly fine with it.

Sounds like more manufactured drama.

Stuck on the Border

Certainly the public face was they were fine with it. From an interview with Glenn by the LA Times at the time of the induction:
    Q: How do you feel about being inducted into the Hall of Fame?
    A: You try to be a bit blase about it, but when it actually hits you, it's pretty nice. . . . I'm especially happy all seven Eagles have been recognized because everybody contributed.

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Certainly the public face was they were fine with it. From an interview with Glenn by the LA Times at the time of the induction:
    nice quote!

and Soda...love your baseball cards!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...