Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eagles related pages on Facebook

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Default Eagles related pages on Facebook

I'm a member of the Don Henley Appreciation page on Facebook. While I enjoy chatting with people about the Eagles it would seem there is an awful lot of hostility on that page, as well as some others I have visited. I know at least 2 of you are members also, and it's just a shame that people can't behave like respectable adults. It's nice to see that's not so much of an issue here.

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Eagles related pages on Facebook

One thing I wish the Eagles did is get more involved with social media. I believe Henley doesn't like it, but it would be such a good tool to get fans involved, and maybe as HOTE did, get some old / new fans aboard the good ship Eagles. It's used at the moment purely for marketing purposes, but there's so much potential there. I'l use an example of another band I love - Black Sabbath. They regularly upload old photos from back in the day, as well as invite comments on certain albums or songs, etc. The trouble I suspect though is, like you imply, the haters. I think the Eagles are unfortunately rather unique in that you either love them, or detest them with all the passions of a fiery hell. It could massively backfire, which is the trouble.

There aren't any decent, unofficial groups I've found either for stuff like the above.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of hate-filled, petty people who like nothing better than ruining the fun of others and spewing bile. No place is immune from the pathetic species known as trolls. However, I know what you mean - it is true that social media seems to attract haters in larger quantities than an ordinary message board.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I am a member of the Glenn Frey Addicts Anonymous page & its activity is virtually non-existent. I am so grateful for the Border; I find that there are a lot of nasty comments on YouTube as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    I'm a member of the Don Henley Appreciation page on Facebook. While I enjoy chatting with people about the Eagles it would seem there is an awful lot of hostility on that page, as well as some others I have visited. I know at least 2 of you are members also, and it's just a shame that people can't behave like respectable adults. It's nice to see that's not so much of an issue here.
    I am on there too WW...and yeah there has been a lot of hostility on there recently...I'm not sure what it's all about...don't get into that stuff...and frankly don't really want to know...but I know I don't like it...

I used to be a member of 2 Eagles-related FB groups. After some time, when I found out there's really nothing happening there I decided to leave them. The Border seems the only sesnsible, welcoming and informative place in the Internet for people like me, IMO.
    Last edited by irga; 04-14-2014 at 04:53 AM.

"I gotta get up, get out, get on that road and go one more mile "

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I've stared 'After Hours the Glenn Frey Appreciation Group'. I'm still working out myself how to manage it but feel free to join.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Just one more thought: it's seems that other's success implies hatred. Unfortunatelly, there're lots of people who just can't stand that "some have more", as Timothy put it, and the only way to vent their frustration is to attack. And, oh, it's just too easy to do it in the Internet, hidded behind the IP number or a nick.
    Just go and see what's happening on U2 Message Boards...
    The only thing I don't get is why fans of particular music groups (or members of the same interest forums, like paragliding forum that my husband is a memeber of) attack one another. Just to show their knowledge is better? That they are smarter than anybody else?

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I've stared 'After Hours the Glenn Frey Appreciation Group'. I'm still working out myself how to manage it but feel free to join.
    GA, is this a FB group? Can't find it...

"I gotta get up, get out, get on that road and go one more mile "

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I agree about the hate out there. Most of my 'likes' on FB are sports-related and it amazes me, no one can post anything without getting comments that are pure hate. I don't mean Ravens fans posting on the Steelers' comments, I mean things like an ESPN commentator posting news and having the first five comments be the most hateful things, either about him or about things not even related to his comment. I've seen it everywhere, so I'm not surprised that it's shown up on Eagles-related pages.

I agree with the comment about when others are successful, others hate. In general, this springs from insecurity and not actual hatred, not that it excuses it. I've never visited any of the pages mentioned here, I haven't even looked at my own Newsfeed in about a week except for whatever sits at the very top. I don't know who runs these pages, and I'm sure it's a variety of people or groups, but I do surely wish that fans of the Eagles could focus on their love of the band and not hate on other fans. I guess it's right up there with world peace.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I tried to dedicate a FB page to Randy and I ran out of time. It still exists but I haven't added much. It got a few people interested. I'm just too busy to dedicated much time to it or my own FB page. Maybe I'll work on it more.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............