Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eagles related pages on Facebook

Border Desperado

Default Re: Eagles related pages on Facebook

WW- I know the page you are referring to. I have checked it out every now and again and caught a post on it recently about something or someone that was pretty nasty. I don't know what the nature of the incident was - but really on a fan page was there any need of it?

I am pretty careful about social media for a lot of reasons. I wish people who were adults would act their age and realize that you are not as anonymous as you believe you are on the internet and you never know when something could come back to bite you.

It seems that the great group on this board have their act together and we share a common love for one of the greatest bands of all time and don't waste our time hating on the Eagles or on each other. When I have gone to Eagles concerts over the past year, I have inevitably ended up chatting with some wonderful people who share a common love of the band, its great fun.

I would not waste my time going on a fan page or a website just to spew a bunch of hate. Who has the time? but it appears that a lot of people do! Its a shame.

Luckily there's no hate in the couple of Joe groups that I belong to on facebook. However, there isn't much happening there in general.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

ITA that it is really sad about all the hate being spewed on the internet, especially the social media sites. That's why I avoid them. I totally don't get why people do that kind of stuff. To me, there is enough bad stuff going on in the world, and I sure don't want to spend any leisure time that I have wallowing in negativity. As Soda said, no place on the web is totally immune to trolls. The best we can do here is try to keep the tone as positive as possible so that we attract real fans who are focused on having a good time talking about the band that they love.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I don't know about that page but it sounds like people were hating on Don? So true how social media and the internet is full of haters, they try to ruin everything for everyone else, they must have no lives. I feel sorry for people who run Eagles fan pages and have to deal with all of that when they are just trying to provide a place for people to enjoy Don and the rest of the band.
    ~Sara

Out on the Border Restless Heart's Avatar

I'm a member of lots of message boards and one hundred percent of them have trolls show up. The bigger and more successful the board, the more trolls that will show up.

I'm a member of the Democratic Underground... extreme rightwingers troll all the time. I'm not as into social media but I can imagine it's no different.

Youtube comments.... I don't even read them, they're so full of ignorant hateful comments.

Most people who comment on articles are also full of it. I read the Huffington Post sometimes, sites like that, and it's just insane.

It's the anonymity of the internet, that's what enables it, people puke up the hate that they'd normally have the sense to keep to themselves.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

So often, though, they forget how easy it is to figure out a user's true identity. So many companies have people who are experts at this, and use this data when hiring or making promotion decisions, or even when on the fence about firing or laying off someone. No one wants to hire such a dissatisfied person...
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Visitor View Post
    Luckily there's no hate in the couple of Joe groups that I belong to on facebook. However, there isn't much happening there in general.
    I think a lot of the Joe action is on Tumblr anyway.

I'd say Joe is definitely the star when it comes to Eagles' presence on Tumblr!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Restless Heart View Post
    It's the anonymity of the internet, that's what enables it, people puke up the hate that they'd normally have the sense to keep to themselves.
    RH - I agree with you here except I think it's the perceived anonymity of the internet that enables it. I believe VA is right in that people are not nearly as anonymous on social networking sites as they may think. Some companies do indeed monitor activity for various reasons, and it's definitely possible that certain things could come back to bite you. I am constantly trying to drill this in to my young nieces' heads and urge them to take a lot of care about what they post.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I always thought the Eagles official site and official FB page should be more active. They are well established so it's not like the need it but I think fans would appreciate more activity. Elvis Presley Enterprises has a lot of activity all the time and that's for an artist who has been gone for 37 years! I guess they need to have more activity because there artist is no longer with us than say the Eagles who we can go see when they come around or hear about when they do something public.

I just don't get these trolls but there are haters everywhere. This is the most active site of the Eagles that I've found. Fastlane has a very active FB page but their site isn't as active as this site.

It takes a lot of work to keep up a site and keep it clean.