Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Awesome, ltef! JB and ELH are both wonderful, for sure!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Oh wow - I didn't know about this. Seeing Jackson is on my bucket list and this one is pretty close to me. I need to be more diligent in checking out his tour dates. Have a great time, ltef and let us know how you liked it if you get a chance.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeeaglesfan View Post
    Looking forward to seeing Jackson Browne for the first time in Washington D.C. on Thursday night. He is billed along with Emmylou Harris, Steve Earle and Lila Downs as part of The Lantern Tour.
    This should be a good concert great lineup! Hope you will let us know how it went - have fun!

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I've already mentioned this is another thread - or this one! - but I'm seeing Lindsey Buckingham this Saturday in Miami.

Hope you enjoy yourself, NMB. Looking forward to hearing about this.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

That sounds like it will be a fun evening LEF. On my part I have a gig with Van Morrison and Robert Plant on Sunday night coming and on the 6th November I have tickets for Casey Musgraves as my daughter wanted to see her. Oh well,it was going to be a difficult day anyway so as well I'll have something to occupy me
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

The Lantern Tour concert at Warner Theatre in DC with Jackson Browne was very good. It was an acoustical set with Jackson, Emmylou Harris, Steve Earle, Shawn Colvin, Lila Downs. Jerry Douglas accompanied with his famous dobro playing on all the songs. The venue is beautiful and appropriate for this type of concert.

They mostly took turns with three or four songs from each artist, as they sat in chairs lined across the stage;occasionally as a duet or three or more together.

This was not a greatest hits type of show and, in fact, none of the hits from any one of them were performed. The tour is in support of the Women's Refugee Commission, organized in response to the Trump policy of family separation at the border between the US and Mexico. Jackson Browne sang a song about how several men died in an overheated boxcar as they attempted to come to the U.S. back in the 80s - no doubt much more appropriate than an uplifting song such as Take it Easy! There were a few higher energy songs with some audience participation and some joking despite the more somber theme of the evening.

I had seen Shawn Colvin when she opened for Don Henley at the Ryman in Nashville at the start of his Cass County tour but was my first time to see any of the others. They fit well together onstage and it was an enjoyable evening.

Hopefully I will get to see Jackson Browne again sometime in more of usual type of concert where I get to hear some of his more popular work but this was definitely a well worth show to see.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

ltef, glad you had a good time! I hope you get to see JB in a more usual concert, he's awesome!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeeaglesfan View Post
    The Lantern Tour concert at Warner Theatre in DC with Jackson Browne was very good. It was an acoustical set with Jackson, Emmylou Harris, Steve Earle, Shawn Colvin, Lila Downs. Jerry Douglas accompanied with his famous dobro playing on all the songs. The venue is beautiful and appropriate for this type of concert.

They mostly took turns with three or four songs from each artist, as they sat in chairs lined across the stage;occasionally as a duet or three or more together.

This was not a greatest hits type of show and, in fact, none of the hits from any one of them were performed. The tour is in support of the Women's Refugee Commission, organized in response to the Trump policy of family separation at the border between the US and Mexico. Jackson Browne sang a song about how several men died in an overheated boxcar as they attempted to come to the U.S. back in the 80s - no doubt much more appropriate than an uplifting song such as Take it Easy! There were a few higher energy songs with some audience participation and some joking despite the more somber theme of the evening.

I had seen Shawn Colvin when she opened for Don Henley at the Ryman in Nashville at the start of his Cass County tour but was my first time to see any of the others. They fit well together onstage and it was an enjoyable evening.

Hopefully I will get to see Jackson Browne again sometime in more of usual type of concert where I get to hear some of his more popular work but this was definitely a well worth show to see.
    Me too, ltef. This does seem like a great show, but that's part of the reason I haven't seen Jackson yet - I would rather see him with his band playing his hits.

As I mentioned earlier, Soda and I went to see JD Souther in Nashville this past Tuesday night on what would have been Glenn's 70th birthday. I went ahead and posted my write-up in JD's thread.