Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

My condolences on the loss of your brother, L101.

You've got me wondering what "Irish reactions" are. Are the Irish more vocal, less reserved than other audiences?

Thanks everyone for your condolences, they mean a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    My condolences on the loss of your brother, L101.

You've got me wondering what "Irish reactions" are. Are the Irish more vocal, less reserved than other audiences?
    I think it must be something like that - they were a very lively crowd and wanted to chat with JB between each song and there was a lot of song requests - it put him way off track with his timings and he had to drop a song to keep within the curfew It was also a smaller venue so he was pretty close to the audience and could see everything! I kinda remember Don Henley saying something like that when he played Dublin last year, but that was in a much larger venue.
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Quote Originally Posted by L101 View Post
    they were a very lively crowd and wanted to chat with JB between each song
    That's adorable.

The hubs and I will be attending Bob Seger at his Houston area (The Woodlands) show on October 19. My first time and his second time to see Bob; he saw him in '85 or '86 when Mr Henley put in a guest appearance and sang a few songs. Really looking forward to this show.

ETG, I bet you're counting the days until you are in Dodger Stadium!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by L101 View Post
    I finally got to see Jackson Browne last night - he was excellent!! I saw him at the end of a 4 night run in Dublin and he was loving every minute of it. He was highly amused by the "Irish reactions" (as he called it) from the audience
    His voice is just as strong as ever and although he didn't sing the two songs that I wanted to hear (Walls and Doors and Late for the sky), he sang those on the first night, I forgave him as he was just so good! Running on Empty brought the house down!!

People kept asking him to sing Peaceful Easy Feeling - he kept saying that he doesn't know why they ask him to sing that as he doesn't know that many Eagles songs to sing - though he did sing PEF once, about 5 years ago with someone at the end of the night - then he launched straight into Take It Easy. Great way to finish off a brilliant night.

It was hard at some points during the night, as my brother, who loved Jackson Browne, passed away last week after a short battle with cancer and I went with my sister and niece (my brothers daughter) to see him. I think Jackson noticed us during our sad bits, as he walked across the stage a few times and smiled directly at us - we were in the front row in front of him, he must have thought we were weird, or just really into his music. It was so nice to see that he noticed his audience and how they reacted. I'm so glad I went to see him, and he is such a gentleman with a funny sense of humour.

L101, thank you for your review! I love Jackson and would love to see him again with his band. He was solo with a special guest when I saw him a few years ago. Great pictures too!

I'm also sorry about your brother. Remember the good times.

I saw Jonny Lang a couple weeks ago at a very small venue-like 500 people. He was fantastic! Austin, have you heard of him? He's quite a guitar player! It's almost like he is possessed and the music just flows out of him. He has quite a story too-first hit at like 16-Lie to Me. He's played with Eric Clapton at his Crossroads show and also the Stones and Aerosmith.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Like I said in another thread, I'm thinking about seeing Peter Cetera in concert on September 22nd. I heard he puts on a good show and I can't wait to see him. I just hope their are still some tickets left by the end of this month because that's when I can get them since I had already budget my money when I get paid in a week.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    ETG, I bet you're counting the days until you are in Dodger Stadium!
    NMB, you can not even imagine... It makes for a very slow work week and I still have next week to go. Ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I saw Jonny Lang a couple weeks ago at a very small venue-like 500 people. He was fantastic! Austin, have you heard of him? He's quite a guitar player! It's almost like he is possessed and the music just flows out of him. He has quite a story too-first hit at like 16-Lie to Me. He's played with Eric Clapton at his Crossroads show and also the Stones and Aerosmith.
    Brooke, I'm sooo jealous! I was invited to his concert by a friend of mine who suddenly had an extra ticket, but I just couldn't drop my commitment for that evening, so had to miss him.
    My husband and I have been big fans of his since Lie To Me.
    Well, anyway, I'm glad you got to go!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Tony Hadley in Blackburn in September. That's it for now though.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP