Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Default Re: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post
    Richie Furay is touring with Dave Mason and will be in my hometown on October 7th! So excited! I have to save up, but my friend Jana & I are going to go and hopefully get the seats to the meet & greet with Richie. Both of us are friends with him, but I haven't seen him in a couple of years.
    Attachment 2483
    This photo was when I met up with Richie & his son in-law, Tom, when I worked at Disneyland.
    Have fun. Great photo!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Heading to Columbia, MO tonight to see Bob Seger! Third row tickets, I hope I can see him!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Heading to Columbia, MO tonight to see Bob Seger! Third row tickets, I hope I can see him!
    Fantastic! Have fun! Be safe!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Bob was absolutely fantastic! He's 74 and still going strong!

He played for over 2 hours and did every song I wanted to hear, was very engaging with the audience and there was no mention of sitting down during the whole show or any mention of cameras or cell phones! Everyone stood nearly the entire time and many cell phones were taking pictures and recording!

I really can't say enough about how great it was. He has a huge band with many of them being award winners, 3 back up singers, horn section of 4, piano, organ, and guitarists, some of which have been with him since the beginning. The sax player, Alto Reed, is in a class of his own!

A surprise was when he dedicated Forever Young, by Bob Dylan and one of my favorite songs, to Glenn and other artists we lost in the past few years. I recorded it and it nearly brought me to tears as near the end Glenn's pictures were on the big screens behind him. The last one was of Glenn and Bob together. It was such a moving moment. If you're my friend on Fb, you can watch the video and see all my pics (which aren't great, but I did my best!)

Also, Bob introduced his band at one point and Laura Creamer was one of the back up singers. Didn't she have a connection with Glenn too? Bob said she was one of the best high singers he'd ever heard.

And as has been reported, Wild Mountain Thyme was playing as we left the arena.

Bob says this is his last tour (I know we've heard that before from many bands!) so if you get the chance, go, he's awesome! He has 10 or 12 shows yet across the country!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Just got tix to John Fogerty in April at Foxwoods. I can’t believe two concerts so far this year!! I am on a roll! 😃

Back when I had hope for music events later this year, I was excited to find out that Styx and REO Speedwagon were going to play the Utah State Fair. I had already seen REO about ten or eleven years before, but this would've been my first time seeing Styx. Now I had no intention of being in the audience, as the tickets are outrageously overpriced (they were like 300 dollars for nosebleed seats!). But like last year when I "saw" Foreigner there, I was actually behind the fairgrounds at this little park. It was still fun, because the band was so loud that even not being in the venue, i could still hear every song crystal clear.

Being from Sacramento, I got spoiled with Cal Expo (California's state fair grounds). The concert stage would have a proper seating area right up front, called the Golden1 seating area, where you pay a small ticket price (anywhere from 10 to 50 dollars depending on the artist), but most importantly they had a grassy hill sloping back from the main stage. and that's where me and my family used to sit when we'd see a concert there. The grassy area and the surrounding walkways and seating areas were so popular, that Cal Expo promotes the concerts as "free" because they don't shoo anybody away, unless you're trying to get into the Golden1 seating area and you don't have a ticket. So I was super spoiled with California, but getting to hear them is better than nothing.

Sorry, for the rant and rambling, I'm just bummed about not seeing them. Hopefully, they try to come back next year.

I want to see James Taylor and The Doobie Brothers (mostly because I want to see Michael McDonald) in concert. They are literally in my backyard. James will be here in June and Doobie Brothers in August. I’m gonna get James tickets first and then get The Doobie Brothers. If I go, these concerts will be second and third in a while ever since I saw Earth, Wind and Fire in 2021 (which was my first concert since Covid started).

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I would love to see any and all of those acts! It has been so many years since I got to go to a concert! Those will be really good, I'm sure.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

I found out Train is coming in September. It’s been years since they came to Mississippi. Too good of artists are coming to our Amphitheater in the next couple of months.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I'm going to see Kenny Chesney on May 4th in Moline, IL. He rarely plays arenas and is an outdoor stadium kind of guy so getting a chance to see him indoors not in the summer but in the Spring in an climate controlled arena is something I couldn't pass up. My health just can't do the stadium shows.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."