Page 114 of 200 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1993

Thread: Frey Fever : The Glenn Frey Photo Thread (Apr 2014 - June 2016)

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Frey Fever : The Glenn Frey Photo Thread

OMG, I have missed quite a bit in this thread. I love all the pics that have been posted of Glenn Cindy and the kids as well as all the 'Glenn only' pics.

And FP, congratulations (belatedly) on reaching 20,000 posts. That is some real achievement, showing your dedication to the Border!
    A few memories of concerts that we shared

'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Very nice, GA.

And regarding Glenn's kids, I vaguely recall their names being discussed here before, but unfortunately, I don't remember many details. Otis' full name is Otis Lincoln Douglas Frey, so there is a connection to the Lincoln-Douglas debate. In that picture with Kareem, Otis doesn't looked overly impressed - he may have been a bit intimidated by such a big guy. He was born in 2002, which makes him a brand new 13 year old teenager. I think he and Deacon have always favored one another, even more so as they get older. They both bear a strong resemblance to Glenn, IMO. Taylor, on the other hand, looks a whole lot like Cindy to me.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Isn't Taylor's full name Taylor Marie? (I seem to remember seeing it in the Strange Weather liner notes?)

While I'm at it:
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Scrolling through the GFO photo gallery, and I came across this one. Is it just me, or is Glenn actually propping Otis' head up? I wonder if Otis would have a different reaction to this situation now?

-Kim-

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

You know, I hadn't really thought about it before, but it seems like that picture and the picture with Kareem may have been taken the same night. It looks like Glenn and Otis are wearing the same clothes in both photos except Otis isn't wearing a jacket in the one with Kareem.

And, yes, AG, Taylor's middle name is Marie; Deacon's is Edward.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    You know, I hadn't really thought about it before, but it seems like that picture and the picture with Kareem may have been taken the same night. It looks like Glenn and Otis are wearing the same clothes in both photos except Otis isn't wearing a jacket in the one with Kareem.

Maybe it's the lighting, but to me, Otis has on different colored jeans in the photos. In the one with Kareem, his jeans have a black coloration to them, and a blue color in the one where he's almost asleep.

Ah, I didn't know Deacon's middle name.
    -Kim-

I think the one with Kareem and the ladies are two different times. I notice in the picture with Kareem, it looks like Glenn has a one white tshirt while he has on a purplish shirt/suit type jacket with the ladies. Otis looks younger in the picture with Kareem.

Even though Glenn is kinda leaning, Kareem is still very tall.

Very nice, GA.

And regarding Glenn's kids, I vaguely recall their names being discussed here before, but unfortunately, I don't remember many details. Otis' full name is Otis Lincoln Douglas Frey, so there is a connection to the Lincoln-Douglas debate. In that picture with Kareem, Otis doesn't looked overly impressed - he may have been a bit intimidated by such a big guy. He was born in 2002, which makes him a brand new 13 year old teenager. I think he and Deacon have always favored one another, even more so as they get older. They both bear a strong resemblance to Glenn, IMO. Taylor, on the other hand, looks a whole lot like Cindy to me.
    You're right about Otis' age, Dreamer. I don't know why I was thinking he was born in 2001. All this talk about him brings back memories of seeing him at Glenn & Joe's concert in Aspen.

I've mentioned before that Glenn's father's name is Edward so I assume Deacon was named after him. Glenn's mom was Nellie Marie so it is possible that Taylor gets her middle name from her. I have seen a clip where Glenn is telling Joe Otis' middle names & he refers to the Lincoln- Douglas debates.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    I've mentioned before that Glenn's father's name is Edward so I assume Deacon was named after him. Glenn's mom was Nellie Marie so it is possible that Taylor gets her middle name from her. I have seen a clip where Glenn is telling Joe Otis' middle names & he refers to the Lincoln- Douglas debates.
    What I want to know is WHY? NB: I do know the history. What I don't understand is why give Lincoln & Douglas as two middle names (one or the other would have been enough, but my real question is why he thought this event was so important he wished to name his son after it)?

As for Taylor, perhaps I am old fashioned but to me it's a surname, not a first name, but if it HAS to be a first name it is more suited to a male than a female. I feel the same about other surnames which are now given to girls like Bailey, Riley. I have never understood why surnames are given as first names at all & also understand that most of them sound 'male'. So why give them to females? As for Madison, which does seem to be given only to girls, don't get me started. I don't want to take this off topic; it's just an observation.

In fact I should post a photo to get back on topic.