Page 162 of 200 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1993

Thread: Frey Fever : The Glenn Frey Photo Thread (Apr 2014 - June 2016)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Frey Fever : The Glenn Frey Photo Thread

Well the fact that I changed my avatar for the first time in almost exactly 9 years came up in another thread, so I thought I'd write more about it. I wasn't sure where to post this, but I decided on this thread for now. I remember exactly when the picture, which would later be aptly named 'Smokin' Hot', first surfaced. The first time I saw it, I was on the telephone talking to Soda and I immediately claimed it as my avatar. We worked a very long time late into the night getting it just right. Soda was cropping several versions and emailing them to me until it was just the way I wanted it. There was such a commotion about the picture among many of the ladies on the board that we even started a separate thread to name it. I just went back and read the thread because I considered actually reviving it with this post. Here are some of us Borderers at our absolute shallow finest.

I mentioned in the other thread that I actually contemplated temporarily changing my avatar during the 10-year celebration of the board last month, but for some reason decided not to break the chain. But, Glenn's passing has marked an end to an era for me. The overtly provocative vibe that 'Smokin' Hot' exudes just doesn't fit my mood right now. I decided that I needed to change and finally decided to use a picture of me and Glenn that certainly symbolizes much happier times for me. However, I'm really not keen on my picture being on the board, so it's only temporary. I'm not sure if I'll retire 'Smokin' Hot' or not. I'll give it a few weeks and see how I feel then. But for now, let me pay homage to my avatar that has served me so well for so long ...

GASP AND SWOON, LADIES - GASP AND SWOON!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

It was funny re-reading that thread & seeing that my suggestion was Ultimate Enticement. There was also a slightly rude English/Australian suggestion.

Because I had to open another tab I saw that the board default banner has been changed so I've changed mine. Thanks for using an After Hours photo Soda.

I may as well say here that people know me for my avatars & signatures. I have deleted some signatures & created some new ones in tribute but with the avatars... there were only a couple I could bear to part with at this stage.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm sorry I haven't posted much. Its very hard to load EOC on my phone which I have been using mainly for the last while. Tonight is my first on my laptop for a long time.
    I'll also admit a bit of fear coming back. So much has been posted about Glenn 's death its hard to take in. A lot has changed here and in my head too. I'm saying this badly.
    I'm sad all the time now.

Dreamer, that was a cool av but I totally understand why you chose to change it. I wish I could make the banners. I'd love to do a commemorative banner.
    Last edited by Glennsallnighter; 01-29-2016 at 06:01 PM.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks for sharing, Dreamer!

I'm gasping and swooning while I'm sitting here!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

That Smokin' Hot photo is truly something else, just so beautiful. . Nice to see the full sized version. I've used it as my signature, since I joined, but it just doesn't seem right to me to use it now.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I'm sorry I haven't posted much. Its very hard to load EOC on my phone which I have been using mainly for the last while. Tonight is my first on my laptop for a long time.
    I'll also admit a bit of fear coming back. So much has been posted about Glenn 's death its hard to take in. A lot has changed here and in my head too. I'm saying this badly.
    I'm sad all the time now.

Dreamer, that was a cool av but I totally understand why you chose to change it. I wish I could make the banners. I'd love to do a commemorative banner.
    I'm happy to make one for you if you suggest a photo & text you would like to use.

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Dreamer, I have always loved that picture as well!! He is indeed smoking, but I can see the reason why you don't want to use it!! Your recent avvie is so cool too!!! You ladies are lucky that you got to meet him though

Elizabeth, I agree with you!!! I'm so glad that you came back though!!

And thank you ladies for liking my collage!!

I'm still sad too!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Not sure about posting this here or in the remembrance thread, but I love the drawing.

-Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

That pic is too awesome!!! Love it!!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Stuck on the Border

I feel I should start posting photos in tribute, but I don't know where to start. I feel I should share my own memories, as Soda & Dreamer have, but I don't know what to say.

I might start by posting what some may recognise as the iconic moment from August 5, 1988.