Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Long Goodbye: Final Tour Announcement

Default The Long Goodbye: Final Tour Announcement

The guys are finally going to be hanging it up.
    https://eagles.com/blogs/news/the-long-goodbye-tour
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Default Re: The Long Goodbye: Final Tour Announcement

We knew it would come to an end one day. It seems they just will be finishing Hotel California and getting ready for the last one. They said they will perform as many show as people want to see even returning to some locations. They expect it to continue into 2025. I remember seeing Joe when he first played at the Whiskey and the same with Don with his band. I saw Glenn when he was playing with JD Longhorn Penny Whistle. Those were good times for LA music.
    Can't see Joe stopping. Maybe will get some small solo tours or the "resident" tours like in Vegas where they don't have to travel so much.
    Wish them all the best in what ever they do.
    Last edited by Scamp; 07-06-2023 at 10:37 AM.

I am glad to see this. It's time, guys! As much as I still have 0 interest in supporting any outfit with the name Eagles without Glenn, I don't let it affect me like it once did. I don't agree with it, but I'm tired of being worked up. That said, I'm still happy they are bringing this to a close. Hopefully it's for real and not a Motley Crue type of "well, we changed our minds a couple years later" type of farewell. I'd love to see these guys do more solo concerts. I still want to see DH solo and I might if they bring this to an end.

Hopefully they will all enjoy retirement except Vince who I'm sure will continue to tour as his own outfit.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Csn't say I'm gonna miss them now, since I've missed the band since Glenn died.

I don't think they will pull a Sinatra/Scorpions/Kiss Mötley Crue etc. and come back. They're a lot older than those guys when they "quit".

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well, as most of you probably know, I am glad to hear this albeit about 7 years too late. However, the name suggests that the tour could last for quite a while. I'm just breathing a sigh of relief that they're not calling this Farewell II.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well, as most of you probably know, I am glad to hear this albeit about 7 years too late. However, the name suggests that the tour could last for quite a while. I'm just breathing a sigh of relief that they're not calling this Farewell II.
    Yeah, hopefully when the last show is played and they say it's the last it will be the last. I mean for that matter a newer band could say they are going to do a "long goodbye" and it takes years. I have a feeling this will easy go through the entirety of 2024 if not further.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Csn't say I'm gonna miss them now, since I've missed the band since Glenn died.

I don't think they will pull a Sinatra/Scorpions/Kiss Mötley Crue etc. and come back. They're a lot older than those guys when they "quit".
    They probably won't but I still have nightmares about MC doing that and now what they've done to Mick Mars. I forgot about the Scorps doing that but KISS is KISS is Gene Simmons is all about the almighty dollar. That's all I'll say to keep this on track. Sinatra was a bit before my time. lol. Well, so were these others but I have followed them for years.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

I was surprised to read this, but it was about time. I hope they are all ok, health-wise. I'm sure this long goodbye tour will go on for a while.

One article I read Don said that they expect to have to return to many venues. They don't think they can get all the dates in an area at one time. They expect the tour to go into 2025.
    I think at they're ages its hard on the body. Voices going, joints getting arthritis, hearing not what it used to be. Don said a few years ago that his arms and wrist were getting sore and at time when he hit the drum it felt like a shotgun going off in his arm. I think that's why he wasn't playing as much as usual. Joe has been using oxygen on stage since about 2015-2016. He kept those can of oxygen on his amp. Although Joe has said in the past he's going to keep playing till he can't move anymore, even if he has to sit in a chair. I think he worries that if he's not playing he might slip back into his dark place. He made reference to that during covid too. Maybe he'll do some mini shows with Roy 3.
    Now they'll have more family time. I'm sure that is on Don's mind.

Stuck on the Border

I hope all of them will be playing as long as they want. It's just great to see this Eagles thing finally being put to rest.

Kiss was supposed to go to each place only once. Then they started returning to all these places. At least the Eagles are being honest about it.