Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Guitars (and a whole lotta info!)

Default Re: Eagles Guitars (and a whole lotta info!)

I use a Squire P bass which also has a jazz bass pickup

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    I use a Squire P bass which also has a jazz bass pickup
    Ah, those are called a PJ bass...very cool combination of both pickup types.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    12-String guitars are very fun, although if you are used to light strings on a 6 string acoustic, it might prove challenging until you build up the strength. I like light strings on acoustic to be able to play leads in a solo show and if I put the 12-String down for too long, I have to spend a day or so getting the muscles back. It also helps if your 12-String has low action. Mine is an old 70s Yamaha and it is a bear to play but good sound so I stick with it.
    Thanks for the heads up. I like light strings on my acoustics because of the tone it produces which is a bright jangleing type of tone. I also ordered a pack of light string for my 12 string so i am going to change them when it gets hear

Ah, those are called a PJ bass...very cool combination of both pickup types.
    It is. But for the bass tone I like I HAVE to use heavey gauge because I prefer a thick tight low tone.

Thanks for the heads up. I like light strings on my acoustics because of the tone it produces which is a bright jangleing type of tone. I also ordered a pack of light string for my 12 string so i am going to change them when it gets hear
    Precisely why I use them as well as easier bending. I don't want a boomy, bassy, deep sound. Bright and jangly is my jam as well.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Travlnman is correct on the top one.

The bottom one is a Music Man Sterling bass.
    Thank you, gentlemen! I'm not familiar with the Music Man brand, but have noticed some very fine-looking 6-strings by that manufacturer.

Congrats on your new 12-string, Travlnman. Epiphones are great.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Thank you, gentlemen! I'm not familiar with the Music Man brand, but have noticed some very fine-looking 6-strings by that manufacturer.

Congrats on your new 12-string, Travlnman. Epiphones are great.
    They make good guitars. Lot of top names use them.

For me their guitars are a little too small for me, despite being regular scale.

I have a Silhouette and it's looks like a toy when I'm playing it, but then again I'm 6'8 and built to match.

That said, great guitars...

The company was started by none other than Leo Fender after he left Fender. Then he left Music Man to the Ernie Ball company and started G&L with another partner from Fender.

They make good guitars. Lot of top names use them.

For me their guitars are a little too small for me, despite being regular scale.

I have a Silhouette and it's looks like a toy when I'm playing it, but then again I'm 6'8 and built to match.

That said, great guitars...

The company was started by none other than Leo Fender after he left Fender. Then he left Music Man to the Ernie Ball company and started G&L with another partner from Fender.
    Leo fender did not even know how to play music lol. Walshfan is music your career?

I am working on a cover of a Great Gnr song called There Was A Time released on Chinese Democracy and still played with Slash and Duff back. But Buckethead does a great solo at the end. I used my Epiphone Les Paul plugged into my PC using a program called Mixcraft with a amp sim called Amplitube. So I just recorded the solo with my LP and simd through a Solid State Peavy with a Vintage Marshall Cab with a enveloped filter pedal and a Overdrive pedal. I am still working it out.

https://soundcloud.com/stephen-masi-...-a-time-solo-2

Leo fender did not even know how to play music lol. Walshfan is music your career?

I am working on a cover of a Great Gnr song called There Was A Time released on Chinese Democracy and still played with Slash and Duff back. But Buckethead does a great solo at the end. I used my Epiphone Les Paul plugged into my PC using a program called Mixcraft with a amp sim called Amplitube. So I just recorded the solo with my LP and simd through a Solid State Peavy with a Vintage Marshall Cab with a enveloped filter pedal and a Overdrive pedal. I am still working it out.

https://soundcloud.com/stephen-masi-...-a-time-solo-2
    Sounds good! I like it.

Leo Fender didn't play. Neither did Jim Marshall, inventor of Marshall amps lol. Most small business gear makers (guitars, amps, pedals) that are a small business do play though....

I wish music was my career, and I wasn't in the situation I'm in. I'm medically disabled for reasons I won't get into on here, and I'm on the autism spectrum with severe troubles with interactions in real life due to social awkwardness and social anxiety. I only meet people I trust and have previously met online and built a rapport with. I basically get out for doctor appointments and occasional concerts because there are thousands of people and I don't have to worry about them approaching me or being the spotlight so to speak. I'm pretty quiet, shy, reserved, introverted, etc - but you'd never know it from my posts here and my activity on social media. It's my outlet, lol. I'm the opposite in real life.

That said, I do play music a lot as a hobby and do occasional gigs with a group of guys in the summertime when everyone is off work or not busy. We do maybe 6-8 shows a year as a classic rock/country cover band. We don't tour, we just play around the area and backyard parties and small festivals and venues. For some reason if I put my guitar on and put a pair of sunglasses on, I tend to forget I'm being watched and can play. The guys I play with broke me out of my shell and taught me how to play live and I thank them for it greatly. It's my only time I'm out of the house except medical reasons.

I wish I could be a touring sideman or session guitarist, but it just isn't in the cards...that said, that will never affect the way I'm interested in it as I get to play for me, and occasionally for a group of others I'll never meet. I like it that way.

Sounds good! I like it.

Leo Fender didn't play. Neither did Jim Marshall, inventor of Marshall amps lol. Most small business gear makers (guitars, amps, pedals) that are a small business do play though....

I wish music was my career, and I wasn't in the situation I'm in. I'm medically disabled for reasons I won't get into on here, and I'm on the autism spectrum with severe troubles with interactions in real life due to social awkwardness and social anxiety. I only meet people I trust and have previously met online and built a rapport with. I basically get out for doctor appointments and occasional concerts because there are thousands of people and I don't have to worry about them approaching me or being the spotlight so to speak. I'm pretty quiet, shy, reserved, introverted, etc - but you'd never know it from my posts here and my activity on social media. It's my outlet, lol. I'm the opposite in real life.

That said, I do play music a lot as a hobby and do occasional gigs with a group of guys in the summertime when everyone is off work or not busy. We do maybe 6-8 shows a year as a classic rock/country cover band. We don't tour, we just play around the area and backyard parties and small festivals and venues. For some reason if I put my guitar on and put a pair of sunglasses on, I tend to forget I'm being watched and can play. The guys I play with broke me out of my shell and taught me how to play live and I thank them for it greatly. It's my only time I'm out of the house except medical reasons.

I wish I could be a touring sideman or session guitarist, but it just isn't in the cards...that said, that will never affect the way I'm interested in it as I get to play for me, and occasionally for a group of others I'll never meet. I like it that way.
    Just to let you know I also have Social Anxeity and whisj you wel and pray you eventually become more outgoing