Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Guitars (and a whole lotta info!)

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Guitars (and a whole lotta info!)

I have social anxiety too, though I do work and I guess could be considered high functioning in some areas.

WalshFan, how did you meet the guys in your band? They sound nice.

Does anyone know what type of guitar Joe is playing here? I would like to try a smaller guitar like this. As Glenn said, I'm looking for one I can play

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Without wanting to get too far away from guitar discussion, I admire the honesty of people in this thread talking about social anxiety. I'm not sure if I count as having social anxiety as such, but I can relate to it as I do have Asperger's (mild autism) and don't tend to enjoy social interactions much in real life. I empathise with Randy's shyness in front of big crowds. I also relate to what Austin said about being more outspoken online - I can go on and on and on about things sometimes, as you probably know! In real life I'm a lot more reserved, especially when I'm new to someone.

I'm not a guitarist (or a musician) myself, but I really enjoy learning about the guitars that the Eagles use or have used. It's particularly interesting with the Eagles I think because there had several players, each of whom had his own distinct style and I like being able to tell which guy is playing on which song. I remember once hearing Jimmy Page (think it might have been a clip from It Might Get Loud) saying that one of the best things about guitar playing was the tactile element, the difference that the player themselves can make, and I agree with that - to give one example, Don F used a Fender Stratocaster on both New Kid In Town and Victim Of Love, but the guitar styles in those two songs is quite different.

Looking at the photo NMB posted, Steuart is playing a double neck guitar and both him and Joe appear to be soloing simultaneously... I wonder which song they could be playing? I really don't know, it could be absolutely anything!

Well I'm a member of the social anxiety disorder club too. Although it seems to be a major thing to me, I'm not a severe case.

And the thing about Jimmy is you can recognize his tone, no matter what he's playing and what particular treatment the sound is subjected to! It's quite an interesting topic. I remember listening to an interview with producer Hugh Padgham on the BBC, and he made no bones about the tone of a guitar being entirely down to the guitarist's individual and unique touch.

I apologize for the hugeness of the photo I posted above.

Joe's guitar is an Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette.

Steuart's guitar is an Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Doubleneck.

Strangely, enough, Joe's Silhouette is not as they come from the factory. Those guitars come with either 3 Strat pickups or 2 humbuckers (like on a Gibson). He has custom modified that guitar for TELECASTER pickups, neck and bridge, which is not something Ernie Ball does. He did that because he used a Tele on Hotel California, and it gets that sound while still playing a Music Man. But that's not how they come.

Glad to know I'm not alone.

JCL, I'm Aspergers as well. Although with the DSM-5 in the US they quit calling it that and quit calling Autism, Autism. Now they are just a "Autism Spectrum Disorder" and you are either low or high functioning. It's a scale based thing. No more Aspergers, PDD-NOS, Autism, etc. I'm high functioning, but with severe social issues. But "back in the day", I was considered Aspergers.

Is Joe's guitar the same as the one here?
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=6414

If I'm not mistaken, that's the same one Joe used at the '76 Houston concert when the band first started performing Hotel California (the same one where Don F hit some bum notes).

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Nope, that is a Fender Stratocaster or Strat for short.

Similar body shape, Music Man Silhouettes are basically Strats lol.

I just updated the Guitar Identifier with a few more models. Some the guys have used, some haven't, but are all very popular.

Where's this Guitar Identifier you speak of, Austin?

Thank you for all your input