Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Australian & New Zealand tour announced for February/March 2015

Default Re: Eagles videos on YouTube or other sites

Sorry guys - I've been away over the weekend! I'm moving the posts now.

ETA: Done!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Australian & New Zealand tour announced for February/March 2015

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I like that these interviews are all slightly different. Aside from promoting the show, they're doing a good job with the documentary and even the Selected Works box set (that was reissued in the UK last year and made it onto the supermarket shelves).

The one is fairly relaxed. Keep listening after the interview - the co-presenters give the interviewer a hard time.

https://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/vide...-in-australia/
    That.... David Koch, the most annoying man on Australian TV, repeating the 'why didn't you die' question about four times. Hilarious.

I was a bit disappointed by the way Glenn brushed aside the question of whether they would return to the studio but the rest of it was OK.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Thanks to Channel 9 for being a bit more respectful than Channel 7 were.

When Glenn talked about 'watching the audience' I thought... here we go. I don't know where else to say this (I don't want to post in the Sydney threads yet) but I'm very nervous about these shows. Some of you may remember the events of two years ago. It will be weird.

It was interesting that Glenn mentioned Felder when talking about the HC solo. He could hardly not, admittedly, but what a contrast.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

At least Glenn says they will continue until they can't do it well! I was afraid that this would be the end of their touring.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I do hope they haven't given up completely on recording new music though, either as a band or solo. We know about Cass County and Joe has hinted vaguely at another album, but that's it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

In most of those interviews, there was no mention of Don Henley or explanation of why he wasn't there. A casual viewer might think he's no longer in the band.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    In most of those interviews, there was no mention of Don Henley or explanation of why he wasn't there. A casual viewer might think he's no longer in the band.
    There was one where the reporter said in the lead-in that he was "still in transit".
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I think there was only one interview where the interviewer said Don was still in the US while everybody else didn't say anything. And watching the little clips of Don singing made me miss seeing him with the guys. I hope he made it safe to Australia. I know he should be there by now.

Speaking of one of the interviews. I can't remember which one, but. You know something. I was remembering what Joe said about he didn't know if Don liked him until he saw the documentary. I know Joe jokes about this all time about Don, but some reason I felt he was seriously. I know they had bad blood in the early 90s, but Don said nothing but nice things about Joe. If Don wasn't happy with Joe in the band or didn't like it, he showed didn't show it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I do hope they haven't given up completely on recording new music though, either as a band or solo. We know about Cass County and Joe has hinted vaguely at another album, but that's it.
    I don't think they mention solo projects when they are on Eagles duty but if you go back a few years, to before the HOTE tour started:

Henley was working on two albums simultaneously, Glenn wanted to do After Hours II, Joe was working on a blues project, something with the James Gang, probably more solo stuff plus Barnstorm are getting together once the Aussie jaunt is over.

Timothy was working on new material, as he was promoting his last album, Felder's working on new material, not sure about Bernie but his manager will be saying the sooner the better and don't forget Joe mentioning that the Eagles had new material "in the can"

I think there is room for optimism.

Australasia first!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post

When Glenn talked about 'watching the audience' I thought... here we go. I don't know where else to say this (I don't want to post in the Sydney threads yet) but I'm very nervous about these shows. Some of you may remember the events of two years ago. It will be weird.
    I have an idea how you must be feeling FP. I hope he sees you again or at least gives you some level of recognition. I go to all these concerts never expecting any attention at all. If/when I do get some (like in Liverpool) I consider it a bonus!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP