Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Eagles play Walden Benefit in Boston, MA - Sept. 16, 2014

Default Re: Eagles play Walden Benefit in Boston, MA - Sept. 16, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    The issue probably has to do with taxes. Such a win would be taxable and they'd have to report it to the IRS.
    Yes, I was thinking that probably was the main reason. These types of winnings (lotteries, etc) aren't taxable in Canada, but if a Canadian resident had winnings in the US they would be taxable in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Victim of Love View Post
    Online entries are based on donations to the Walden Woods Project although there is an option to enter without making a donation. The problem with that is there doesn't appear to be a link online for non-donation entries (which are unlimited, by the way) BUT the postmark deadline for mail-in entries is TODAY! I guess that's one way to minimize non-contributors from being a part of the elite group who gets dinner along with a meet-&-greet.
    Mail-in entries started August 5th but you have until September 5th to enter.

Don Henley Walden Woods Sweepstakes Sweepstakes Rules

Entry Period: Starts at 12:00:01 a.m. (PT) on August 5, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on September 2, 2014. Mailed entries must be postmarked by 9/2/14 and received by 9/5/14.

Open only to legal residents of the 50 US/DC who are 18 years of age or older (or age of majority).

The reason you need to be a U.S. resident is probably because of the cost and time associated with running an international "background check" on the winner and their guest.

The rules state: Potential winner and his/her designated guest will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Release Form and Background Check Release Form by 12:00 AM (midnight) CT on 9/6/14. Noncompliance/failure to clear background check may result in prize forfeiture and an alternate may be selected, time permitting.

Generally it states: To enter without making a donation unless otherwise stated (and it's not so I assume this is the correct method for Henley's sweeps too):

On a plain pieces of 3” x 5” papers, hand print your complete name, street address (no P.O. Boxes), city, state, ZIP code, age and email address. Please write the name of the Sweepstakes you are entering (which can be found on the Sweepstakes Details Page) on the front right corner of the envelope. Mail entries in a hand-addressed envelope with first-class postage affixed, to: Chideo Charity Sweepstakes, 10000 Highway 55, Minneapolis, MN 55441.

Entries by mail must be postmarked no later than the last day of the Entry Period and received within three (3) business days thereafter. Illegible or incomplete entries are void.

There is no entry limit to mail-in method.

Carol-Lynn

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
    The reason you need to be a U.S. resident is probably because of the cost and time associated with running an international "background check" on the winner and their guest.

The rules state: Potential winner and his/her designated guest will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Release Form and Background Check Release Form by 12:00 AM (midnight) CT on 9/6/14. Noncompliance/failure to clear background check may result in prize forfeiture and an alternate may be selected, time permitting.
    Thank you for pointing this out, Carol7lynn! Should I win (and I hope I do), this will be a challenge for me to receive, print, sign, scan, and email back since I'll be in Omaha, then Des Moines, but I expect they'll have a way to handle that. At least for me, the background check should be incredibly easy for them. Now, all I have to do is win and pick out something to wear!!

Good luck to all those who enter!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

VA, major hotel chain have printers, fax machines, etc., available for guests if they need them, especially the ones with meeting facilities. If you win, it shouldn't be a problem to meet the affidavit requirements.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Make sure if you enter by mail you "hand print" the envelope and label it correctly.

Carol-Lynn

Border Rebel

I entered the contest, but I also bought tickets. They are orchestra seats. Not the best, but still pretty good, especially in a small venue like this. It's funny, I haven't been to the MB in a while, but I kept thinking about seeing the Eagles in Boston in September. I wanted to go, but I wasn't psyched about seeing them in TD Garden. I've been to concerts there before, and it's kind of bleh. I knew nothing about the show at the Wang Center until yesterday, and now I am SO excited!

I went to see Movin' Out at the Wang (musical based on Billy Joel songs). The seats in the balcony are VERY tight, but it's a beautiful theater, and the acoustics were great!

And being a DH fan, I'm very happy to be going to a Walden Woods concert. Bet he'll be in an awesome mood. Can't wait! I wonder if the song list will be any different than usual?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    I entered the contest, but I also bought tickets. They are orchestra seats. Not the best, but still pretty good, especially in a small venue like this. It's funny, I haven't been to the MB in a while, but I kept thinking about seeing the Eagles in Boston in September. I wanted to go, but I wasn't psyched about seeing them in TD Garden. I've been to concerts there before, and it's kind of bleh. I knew nothing about the show at the Wang Center until yesterday, and now I am SO excited!

I went to see Movin' Out at the Wang (musical based on Billy Joel songs). The seats in the balcony are VERY tight, but it's a beautiful theater, and the acoustics were great!

And being a DH fan, I'm very happy to be going to a Walden Woods concert. Bet he'll be in an awesome mood. Can't wait! I wonder if the song list will be any different than usual?
    The concert doesn't start until 9pm, the presentation is at 8, so I imagine it will be a short set list.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Good for you, Mary! But, Oh woe is me - decisions, decisions! I will be in Massachusetts this night. I'll be leaving New York on Sunday and driving to MA to visit relatives and go to the Monday night show at the Garden (and to meet up with GlennLover and her hubby). So as much as I'd love to go to this, I'm probably going to have to pass. It will be rude for me to spend all of my time going to Eagles shows during my visit, particularly since I'm probably going to have to cut my stay short by a day or two because of work.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Good for you, Mary! But, Oh woe is me - decisions, decisions! I will be in Massachusetts this night. I'll be leaving New York on Sunday and driving to MA to visit relatives and go to the Monday night show at the Garden (and to meet up with GlennLover and her hubby). So as much as I'd love to go to this, I'm probably going to have to pass. It will be rude for me to spend all of my time going to Eagles shows during my visit, particularly since I'm probably going to have to cut my stay short by a day or two because of work.
    Yay, Dreamer! You're coming!!!! Can't wait!!!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    The issue probably has to do with taxes. Such a win would be taxable and they'd have to report it to the IRS.
    You have to pay tax on something you WIN?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP