There was a discussion in another thread that made me ponder this topic. How should we classify Bernie's status with the band? In the first print of the official History of the Eagles tour book, Bernie is listed with the touring band members as a 'special guest'. I wonder if that is still the case in the European tour book? Some of you Borderers that are going to some upcoming shows will be able to answer that for us soon enough.

I guess when they first brought Bernie back on for this tour, it was likely on a trial basis. To this fan, things appear to be working out very well with him, as he has been signed on for the European leg and even the Australian leg going into next year. I'm wondering if there has been any discussion or consideration to Bernie rejoining the band as an official Eagle? To me, that would be awesome. Regardless, as VA mentioned in the other thread, it's hard to think of him now as a former or an ex-Eagle. I am now thinking of him as an 'honorary Eagle' at the very least.

I'd be interested to hear what others think about Bernie's band status.