Well, I certainly had a great time at the VIP experience and the show last night! First, I'll talk about the VIP experience:

There were three other people going in at the same time - two media members and another fan like me named Mark.

Mark was so sweet. He had an extra ticket that was better than mine and he gave it to me. He also gave me a photo of Don Felder for him to sign. What a doll!

After a few minutes, we were taken in during soundcheck and there was Don as well as some people from Styx. I took a couple photos:

Then, it was time! We came onstage and he was very gracious. He showed us around the stage at first. He said we could sing at the microphone if we wanted, but everyone was too shy. I did go up to it and pretend, imagining myself to be Stevie Nicks, but sparing everyone my rendition of "Edge of Seventeen."

At this point, he said we could take photos with him. I'd come prepared with my camera and to my delight, unlike in 2009, one of them came out Ok thanks to the help of the road manager! I just wish my hair didn't look so frizzy, but the wind and humidity had destroyed all my efforts to style it.

He talked to us about his equipment and took us to see one of his boxes of guitars. Of course, the one he pulled out of the box was the biggie - the one he uses to play "Hotel California." He said the original is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but that the one he used was built to the exact specifications and was one of only 150 of its kind. He showed us there was a little switch that controls which of the necks make sound when it's played. I always wondered about that. So cool!

He encouraged us to come up and hold it. I was frightened I would drop it - it's heavy! - but he said he would hold it with me. Oh gosh, just imagining dropping that was making me freak out, lol.

I look like a dork in this photo because my mind was being blown, but I'm going to post it anyway!

He talked about the difficulties of reproducing HC live at first, which led to the adaptations he made in order to create that double-neck. Mark asked him about what he thought of music nowadays, and he said he didn't like all the autotuning. He said that magic of the Eagles was "5 guys who could all sing, write songs, and play - imagine that!"

I remarked that was how they could record "Victim of Love" live. He agreed and then started talking about how it says in the groove of the record that the song was recorded live, then paused and said, "I bet you already know that." I nodded and laughed, but he continued with the story for the other guys there.

He said he didn't play it live, and I expressed disappointment, but he said there was only room for so many songs and the Eagles had so many hits that it was hard to choose. However, as a special treat, he took us over to the other guitar box which normally remains closed at this point and showed us the guitar for "Victim of Love." It was really pretty, so I took a couple photos:

I was tempted to tell him that I wished he would play "Wash Away," but after his statement about "Victim of Love," I figured that it wouldn't be productive.

Then he said if we'd brought anything for him to sign, he'd be happy to do so. Here is what I got signed (along with a couple picks he gave us):

I mentioned that I had seen him prior in 2009 where he'd played "Over You," and how beautiful it was. He asked me where I'd seen him. When I said Canada, he mentioned that his "lady" was from there. I said, "I know," then I paused when I realized that such a thing could make me sound like a crazy stalker fan. I hurriedly added, "I'm a big fan and read all your interviews."

For a millisecond I considered mentioning that I also ran a network of Eagles fansites (including one dedicated to him) and an Eagles message board, but I decided not to because I wasn't sure how he'd react to that, frankly. Not all musicians are cool with sites like mine, and not everything we say here is positive. What if he reacted negatively upon finding out I was the Eagles Online Central girl (assuming he knows of the site)? Therefore, I just presented myself as a fan who happened to know a great deal about him and the Eagles, lol.

It was really exciting and I'm very glad they offered the "VIP upgrade" option so that even though I already had a ticket, I was still able to participate in the VIP aspect.