Page 24 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

Grego
    Thanks for the Sunday mornng laugh

He is so dang fiunny

One eposode he called candelstick park to talk to leo drozia...
    My son loved it
    Now its just so funny and he gets wilbur in trouble lol

Thanks Grego!!

Border Desperado Midnight_Flyer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluefeather View Post
    MF

I'm hearing a lot about Cosmos from friends on Twitter. Anybody here like it? I haven't checked it out yet.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado Brooklyn Roads's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I'm hearing a lot about Cosmos from friends on Twitter. Anybody here like it? I haven't checked it out yet.
    Soda, I want to see it, too. I believe it's either Netflix or Hulu, but one of those has a preview of it. I don't think it's going to air for a few more months. I am excited for it! I love Carl Sagan, so this looks to be a more "hip" version of his original.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I don't remember watching any of the Carl Sagan show, I was too young to have had any better sense, but I made sure to catch this one. It's definitely a step up in terms of the graphics, and Neil degrasse Tyson is a calm, reasonable guide to the action. The first show was kind of an introduction to what's coming up in the rest of the series, which looks interesting. My one complaint us the commercial breaks! I'm so used to seeing this on PBS, the breaks interrupt everything! Hard to believe Seth MacFarlane pushed to get this show done. Whodathunkit?

I do remember watching Carl Sagan's Cosmos...loved it..and the way he explained things...I will have to watch this one...I think it was on the other night...When is it on again?

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    I do remember watching Carl Sagan's Cosmos...loved it..and the way he explained things...I will have to watch this one...I think it was on the other night...When is it on again?
    Whoa, I was way off on the airing date (I thought it wasn't going to start for another few months). My apologies! It did air on Sunday on Fox, but not sure when they'll re-air it. It may show up through streaming on Hulu or Netflix, though. It looks to be a 13-part series. It looks like they are airing episodes on the National Geographic Channel, too, so keep an eye out for it on there, too! I missed it, so I also need to catch up!

Quote Originally Posted by ktdids View Post
    I don't remember watching any of the Carl Sagan show, I was too young to have had any better sense, but I made sure to catch this one. It's definitely a step up in terms of the graphics, and Neil degrasse Tyson is a calm, reasonable guide to the action. The first show was kind of an introduction to what's coming up in the rest of the series, which looks interesting. My one complaint us the commercial breaks! I'm so used to seeing this on PBS, the breaks interrupt everything! Hard to believe Seth MacFarlane pushed to get this show done. Whodathunkit?
    I first was aware of it when I took astronomy in college. It sort of opened my eyes. Also, watching "Contact" back in the '90s introduced me to Carl Sagan and his brilliant mind.

I would agree on the commercial breaks. Not a fan of those during documentaries. Sort of messes with the pacing of the show - hopefully I can catch the next episode as the first one doesn't seem to have revealed too much yet. Thanks for the recap!!

For those of you who have a iPhone 5 with IOS 7.0 or higher there is a new Cosmos APP!