Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

I love 24 too. I have watched it from the very beginning.
    I got bored with last season, however---and I hear a lot of other viewers did too--I think the show really lost its focus. It is supposed to be new and improved this year.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Quote Originally Posted by tbs fanatic
    An oldie 'I Claudius' about the Roman Empire - really excellent.
    I CLAVDIVS was great. Then there was Upstairs, Downstairs, The Pallisers, The Onedin Line.... but I'm so old I go back to the original Forsyte Saga. The remake of that was awful.
    Freypower - we must be from the same timewarp - LOL. I loved all those too and yes I watched the original Forsyte Saga

Okay, I've thought of a couple more

Rescue Me
    The Daily Show
    WorkOut - a reality show I was seriously hooked on

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    oh crap! I can't believe I forgot 24!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T miss an episode! Jack Bauer.....*sigh*
    Keifer Sutherland = HOT HOT HOT HOT!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Favorite shows

I had to laugh when I read about everyone that used to watch The Monkees....I did too, and I STILL don't feel that old! That Davy Jones was a charmer, wasn't he? I had posters of him all over my room. Did you find him that way when you met him, DonFan? I took my son to see him a couple of years back, still quite the entertainer. When my girls were young we saw The Monkees together, well except for Mike. And as a nearly teen...I was 12...I actually got to see them on their very first tour.

I watch House also and my friend introduced me to Grey's Anatomy. Unfortunately, the area I live in only plays reruns of ER so I've missed the last 2 seasons. One series I enjoyed on Lifetime was Blood Ties. Have any of you seen Kyle Schmid? Adorable!

Ok, now for the guilty pleasure...I have to admit, I'm a Days Of Our Lives fan.

I also watch a lot of Animal Planet, my little one is hooked on Steve Irwin. Who knows, she may grow up to be just like Bindi...LOL!
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Yes, Davy Jones was absolutely charming when I met him, rcknalways. He did a midnight Shop Til You Drop gig at our Galleria Mall the Friday after Thanksgiving several years ago, and I loaded up my van with my teenage daughters and their friends. The girls all went shopping and parked myself right in front of the stage and sang along with Valeri, Daydream Believer, A Little Bit Me A Little Bit You, and all the other songs. Davy had just written a book about his life as a Monkee so he stayed after the concert to sign copies and pose for pictures. It was almost 3 a.m. by the time everyone got through the line but he took the time to speak to everyone. He posed for a picture with me and told one of my daughters that she reminded him of his daughter. He was just as cute as I remembered him when I was a teenager--and he was just as short, too!

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    oh crap! I can't believe I forgot 24!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T miss an episode! Jack Bauer.....*sigh*
    Keifer Sutherland = HOT HOT HOT HOT!
    yes yes yes YES!

I can't wait for next season!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    I got bored with last season, however---and I hear a lot of other viewers did too--I think the show really lost its focus. It is supposed to be new and improved this year.
    yeah.....last season definently wasn't one of the show's shining moments. It got really predictable and repetitive. I can't wait for the changes they say are coming this year! My only complaint though is Audrey. I just CAN'T like her! LOL I wanted Jack to get closer to either his brother's widow (who was with Jack first. yes........it does seem very soap operaish lol) or the lady (the one with the teenage son) that he lived with while he was in hiding.

On a side note.......I STILL think that his brother's "son" is actually his own. Call me crazy

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

LOL - you lucky guys - seeing the Monkees in concert. I soooooooo wanted to do that. I did get to see Mickey Dolenz in some theatre production in London when I was a teen. Was it called 'The Point'???? I tricked my Dad into taking me and my friend - Ha!

The first concert I ever saw was the Monkees at Astroworld in 1986. No Nesmith, though!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    yeah.....last season definently wasn't one of the show's shining moments. It got really predictable and repetitive. I can't wait for the changes they say are coming this year! My only complaint though is Audrey. I just CAN'T like her! LOL I wanted Jack to get closer to either his brother's widow (who was with Jack first. yes........it does seem very soap operaish lol) or the lady (the one with the teenage son) that he lived with while he was in hiding.

On a side note.......I STILL think that his brother's "son" is actually his own. Call me crazy
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who couldn't stand Audrey! I was actually rooting for the Chinese bad guys last season. Make her go away, please!

I also think Jack's nephew is also his son! I'm hoping also, it improves this season and doesn't continue becoming too much of a soap opera.

Anyone want to venture a guess which political party the show's writers lean towards? There were the 2 beloved, strong, moral President Palmers (Democrats?) and then 2 seasons ago the opposition was in office (guessing it represented the Republicans) and that president was evil and underhanded (and I thought had an uncanny resemblence to Richard Nixon).