Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

I heard about The Americans for the first time last night. I was attending a talk about the Cold War. It surprises me you say it's set in the 80s - from the graphics, I'd have guessed the 1940s.

Then when I got home, our local PBS station was showing the first episode of "Jericho" starring a wonderful actor called Hans Matheson.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Netfix has the crown
    Its wonderful
    Its Ten hours
    Seson two later this year

I can not wait

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I love "The Crown"!!! So happy it won Golden Globes for Best Drama Series and Lead Actress in a Drama Series for Claire Foy. Really excited for season 2 and see how they do the 60s and Prince Charles becoming a teenager and adult. Also saw they confirmed they will cast Princess Diana for the end of season 3 (the 70s) and she'll be a huge part of seasons 4 & 5 (80s & 90s, as there will be 6 seasons total bringing it to modern day).
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Just saw some really good news for those of us who are fans of "This is Us" and that NBC has renewed it for 2 more seasons!!! This is highly unusual for the broadcast networks but it's been such a huge hit for them. I love this show so much and so happy it'll be sticking around for a least 2 more years.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I was about to come here and post this. I'm soo happy that This Is US will be with us until 2019, but I hate its only 18 episodes. That means it will end way before May where most shows ends.

I'm glad NBC renewed This Is Us. I mean why would NBC cancel one of their best shows and highly rated shows in years, but than again they would. This is Us is knocking everybody out of the park on Tuesdays. I read articles on This Is Us the next day to see how well that week's episode did and they are the only show on Tuesdays that gets over 2.0 rating while everybody is between is 0.3 to 1.8 in ratings. Even though the viewership is not that high, NBC is mostly looking at the ratings.

Congrats to This is Us. I am a happy camper.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 01-20-2017 at 03:34 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Just noticed a something strange with three of my favorite shows, "The Flash", "Supergirl", and "Once Upon a Time", and that they will all have musical episodes this Spring!!! "The Flash" & "Supergirl" will actually be a crossover over two episodes, while the "OUAT" one be a standalone episode. I know all three shows have actors on it that are either musicians or had musical theater experience, and some have great voices. I'm excited to see how these end up being as I love musicals and my favorite standalone TV one was the "Buffy" musical, and how they'll write the original songs (don't know yet if "OUAT"s will be), the dancing, and how it does the overall story.

Sad thing is with "OUAT" doing this after teasing it at Comic Con for so many years is that it gives more proof of this possibly being the final season. The cast contracts are ending in April when they finish filming, it's ratings are low, and ABC did admit this season finale could work as a series finale ending. So I'm just preparing myself incase I do end up losing a favorite show sooner than I expected, as I thought they would have a final 7th season to wrap everything up better.
    ~*Amanda*~

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Buffy, did you see when Lynda Carter was a guest star on Supergirl? She played the president. I wish they would have used her a bit more, she didn't have much screen time.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I love "The Crown"!!! So happy it won Golden Globes for Best Drama Series and Lead Actress in a Drama Series for Claire Foy. Really excited for season 2 and see how they do the 60s and Prince Charles becoming a teenager and adult. Also saw they confirmed they will cast Princess Diana for the end of season 3 (the 70s) and she'll be a huge part of seasons 4 & 5 (80s & 90s, as there will be 6 seasons total bringing it to modern day).
    I love this show
    Claire foy was fantastic
    can not wait till.season 2

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Buffy, did you see when Lynda Carter was a guest star on Supergirl? She played the president. I wish they would have used her a bit more, she didn't have much screen time.
    I did and she was awesome!!! I love how the DC TV shows have been casting a lot of the other actors who have played the roles originally or were in the other films and shows like how Supergirl's adoptive parents are Dean Cain (played Superman) and Helen Slater (played Supergirl), and the Flash's dad is played by John Wesley Shipp and he played The Flash on the 90s CBS TV show. I have a feeling they'll be bringing Lynda back again, especially with her character's twist.
    ~*Amanda*~

2 episodes of The Crown, two episodes of PBS' s Victoria and a separate first episode of a special about the wives of Henry VIII, in one day. And I still miss Downton Abbey. Lol...

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you