Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

I love Big Bang Theory too but up until the last couple of weeks work and another obligation meant I have had to miss it all season long. So tonight I get home at 7 pm, take care of the animals and turn on the tv to watch Big Bang Theory and what is on??? The NCAA playoffs! March madness...Bah Humbug!!

I did the same thing. so I thought I"ll put on TBS and watch the reruns.... basketball there too.

I've got into Luther and Whitechapel lately (British police dramas.) They are both really good and genuinely chilling at times.

I am waiting for series six of Dexter. One of my favourite shows!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

I'm picky on TV shows.

My favorite of all time is "Emergency!" and have all of the seasons on DVD....

My more modern favorite is CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (Las Vegas). But I lost interest after Grissom left.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I adore Big Bang Theory! I'm even buying the seasons on DVD!

A show that a lot of my friends have recommended to me is Downton Abbey. They love it. I've just watched the first two episodes, but I'm enjoying it.
    Love Big Bang Theory! We have been recording Downton Abbey and recently watched the first four episodes. I wasn't sure if I could get into it but I found that I was enjoying it more with each episode.

I haven't seen Mad Men. It's on a channel that we don't watch much & I never think to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I'm picky on TV shows.

My favorite of all time is "Emergency!" and have all of the seasons on DVD....

My more modern favorite is CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (Las Vegas). But I lost interest after Grissom left.
    I watched Emergency! when it aired originally and it was a favorite. I don't care for Ted Danson on it. I did like Lawrence Fishburne though.

so happy that The Big Bang Theory was on again tonight!

I know I put in another thread how much I like Sherlock starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, but I thought I should add it here, too. You can see clips and such on the BBC's very cool Sherlock site.

Another British show which I've been enjoying lately via Netflix is an oldie but goodie: Black Adder starring Rowan Atkinson. Each season has the title character in a different time period and it's a hilarious parody of each era, from the Middle Ages to World War I. To give you an idea, the series starts with the Yorkist Black Adder (Edmund, Duke of Edinburgh) accidentally killing Richard III!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I know I put in another thread how much I like Sherlock starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, but I thought I should add it here, too. You can see clips and such on the BBC's very cool Sherlock site.

Another British show which I've been enjoying lately via Netflix is an oldie but goodie: Black Adder starring Rowan Atkinson. Each season has the title character in a different time period and it's a hilarious parody of each era, from the Middle Ages to World War I. To give you an idea, the series starts with the Yorkist Black Adder (Edmund, Duke of Edinburgh) accidentally killing Richard III!
    Michael loves Black Adder. For whatever reason it has never done much for me. My favourite series is the World War I series & my least favourite is the Georgian one. Because I am such a Tudor buff, I find Miranda Richardson's portrayal of Elizabeth I intensely annoying. 'Lighten up' you will say. I have tried, believe me....

I'm obsessed with Wonders of the Universe at the moment. It blows my mind. Stunning photography, and Professor Brian Cox makes it so human and accessible. Awe-inspiring!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--