Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Stuck on the Border

I will sound different but I can't help it. Being a history and literature buff I grew up with English historical dramas and adaptations of famous books. My favourites were The Six Wives of Henry VIII and Elizabeth R, and War And Peace and Anna Karenina. They STILL have not released War And Peace, which starred Anthony Hopkins, on DVD. More recently there were excellent versions of The Mayor of Casterbridge and Bleak House. How highbrow!

I was also brought up on British comedy, hence The Two Ronnies and Monty Python's Flying Circus, which led to Fawlty Towers and Ripping Yarns. Since meeting my husband we still watch British comedy like Goodness Gracious Me and panel shows like Have I Got News For You and They Think It's All Over.

I didn't watch much American TV growing up and I therefore wasn't inclined to start watching it. I watched comedy - I worshipped F Troop. I liked My Favourite Martian and I Dream of Jeannie. I did like Cheers and then Becker. When I watched 'action' stuff, which was rarely, it was Hawaii Five-O. Now I might watch the occasional Law & Order or CSI but not often. My mother loves The West Wing.

I won't bore you with the highs and lows of Australian TV but we did have a very good cop show called Homicide which has never been bettered. Then we had Countdown, my favourite music show. Then .... that was it really.

I loved The West Wing too, FP. The creators of that show put on another show last fall that I also loved, called Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. It had the same intelligent, fast-paced dialogue and it starred Chandler (my favorite Friend) so I was very disappointed when it failed to catch on with viewers and got cancelled after one season.

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    As you can see, I'm a bit of a sci-fi fan. My current sci-fi favorite is Eureka.
    I've watched this programme on Sky One and I love it too, over here it's entitled 'A Town Called Eureka.' The lead Colin Ferguson is perfectly charming.

Ah tv.....my second addiction

I LOOOVE "Without A Trace!" Anthony LaPaglia is absolutely amazing on that show. But all in all, it's just got a great cast period! Love it!

I'm also a huge fan of both Law & Order:SVU and Law & Order:CI. I really enjoy the chemistry between Olivia and Elliott as well as the chemistry between Goren and Eames.

I doubt anyone here watches it, but I also love "The Unit." Everytime I see Robert Patrick....I think of Don lol!

Oh and who can forget the original CSI! LOOOOVE me some William Petersen! Now if only they would pair Grissom with Catherine instead of Sarah!

Ooo Ooo Ooo.......and NCIS! As you can tell...I love the crime drama/detective/mystery etc... lol

And I did really enjoy West Wing when it was on. I love Martin Sheen's character and his wife. great show!

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Dang, I always see these posts five minutes before I have to rush out somewhere

So a quick run down

Monkees - yes I was around to see the original and then again on Nick

CSI
    NCIS
    Earl
    An oldie 'I Claudius' about the Roman Empire - really excellent.

Ah, I'm running out of time. Oh yes, Criss Angel

Will have to think of some more on my drive.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I really liked ER too, back when George Clooney was on it. I'm still watching, but I refuse to watch their reruns. It seems like they don't really make many new shows for it. You see one or two then the next week or two or three are reruns. I hate that! I'm especially bummed that they had to have Shane West get hurt so badly! I really liked him and Neela together.

I also like CSI. I'm not much for Grissom, but really like Catherine. They really stalled out on that miniature killer series though! And I could do without some of the blood and gore! I usually have to close my eyes when they show that stuff in such detail!

I loved the Monkees back in the day, too. I never had cable when Nick had it on, so I'd love to see it again!

My mom loves Earl! I find that too funny!

Had to add that I loved Dallas when it was on. That JR Ewing was such a bad boy!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    I'm especially bummed that they had to have Shane West on ER get hurt so badly! I really liked him and Neela together.
    That surprised the hell out of me too, Brooke!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by tbs fanatic
    I CLAVDIVS was great. Then there was Upstairs, Downstairs, The Pallisers, The Onedin Line.... but I'm so old I go back to the original Forsyte Saga. The remake of that was awful.

Dallas was a guilty pleasure of mine until it 'jumped the shark' when Bobby died and he came back next season because the previous season was a 'dream'. Cheers jumped the shark when Shelley Long left. Becker did when its female lead left, etc.

I'm going way back now but I was a huge fan of Mary Tyler Moore and the spinoffs Rhoda & Lou Grant.

I'm not much of a tv watcher but some of my favorite shows are ER, Jeopardy, Wheel Of Fortune, The Price Is Right, Law And Order, The Nanny, The Golden Girls, The Munsters, The Addams Family, Green Acres, I Love Lucy, Battlestar Gallactica, and The Three Stooges.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Quote Originally Posted by tbs fanatic
    Dang, I always see these posts five minutes before I have to rush out somewhere

So a quick run down

Monkees - yes I was around to see the original and then again on Nick

CSI
    NCIS
    Earl

Ah, I'm running out of time. Oh yes, Criss Angel

Will have to think of some more on my drive.
    oh crap! I can't believe I forgot 24!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T miss an episode! Jack Bauer.....*sigh*