Page 21 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

They actually showed the video of his great grandfather falling to his death back in Puerto Rico in 1978. Him and his mother did the same walk in 2011.

Needless to say he prayed aloud during the whole grand canyon walk. At least we knew where he was going if he did fall and die!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Just saw the latest episode of Sherlock. It's absolutely incredible. I think it's the finest show currently on TV - I love it that much. I can't look away from it - no checking social media, emails, even the Border when it's on. It's a crying shame they only do three shows a season!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Just saw the latest episode of Sherlock. It's absolutely incredible. I think it's the finest show currently on TV - I love it that much. I can't look away from it - no checking social media, emails, even the Border when it's on. It's a crying shame they only do three shows a season!
    Totally agree with you on this Soda! I was sucked in from the first series and just marvel at the writing and the performance of all the actors. There's been talk about a full film feature now because of all the success the show has had. All I can say is hallelujah Public Television!

I loved the Sherlock episode as well, laughed a lot, can't wait until Sunday for the next!

No more Sherlock! Last episode for a while, although they seem to be planning season 4 and 5!

What did you think? I love the show, but I miss the more mystery-oriented format of the first two seasons. The only really intriguing mystery we got this "season" was the Case of the Bloody Guardsman, which was incorporated into "The Sign of Three" and tied into the fate of Major Sholto. The terrorist and blackmail plots weren't mysteries; we knew all along who was the problem, it was just stopping them that drove that end of the plot.

~ SPOILER ALERT ~

I also am not super-keen on Mary... but that was a great twist (now we get the "liar" initial assessment), and I love being surprised! The "mind palace" scenes after he got shot were done quite well, but I'm not sure the time jumping back and forth after the Mary reveal was necessary. It took away from the emotional impact of John's reaction for me (and really, it did sound like Sherlock was trying to blame him for "choosing" Mary, which was bogus). I was also disappointed in how Sherlock "resolved" the problem with Charles Augustus, but it fits the "his last vow" theme... and sorry Sherlock, if you care so much about someone that you're willing to sacrifice yourself, you're not a sociopath - not even a high functioning one.

Totally looking forward to more, though. I hear the BBC is trying to get them to do one for Christmas... only a few months away... better than waiting two years, lol.

I'm hoping Moriarty's still dead, despite the end. Resurrecting supervillains is lazy and predictable, but making it a trick would be another clever surprise.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Talking Re: Favorite TV Shows

Definately the Big Bang Theory!!

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

I thought the last Sherlock episode was shocking in a good way. I'm still keen on Mary even though it's a disappointment she was revealed to be a LIAR. I'm also very happy Sherlock didn't leave the country after all. The end was crying for a really soft moment between John and Sherlock which didn't happen, unsurprising but disappointing. What I really didn't expect was Moriarty as I thought he would have appeared earlier if he was going to, but it was HILARIOUS. Finally, all the jumping back and forth in time was a bit hard to follow, still I LOVED the episode.

Border Desperado Brooklyn Roads's Avatar

Right now, "The Walking Dead." I am also getting into "Justified" and "Bates Motel." I am finally finishing off "Breaking Bad" now that Netflix has it ready for streaming, I might be holed up for the rest of the week - well, maybe just a few days, as it's only 8 episodes.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

The new season of Dallas starts tonight! It ended with such twists last year I don't know if I can figure it all out or not!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten