Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

I had no idea George Blagden was the lead in Versailles (I haven't wacthed it, yet). He's come a long way in a few years - I think he was just out of drama school when he was cast in Les Miserables.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Black Mirror is very, very, dark. True modern gothic, if that makes sense. But, the better ones such as "Hated In The Nation" are, IMHO, excellent horror with social narrative.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

So far with the new shows this season I'm liking "Designated Survivor" and loved "Luke Cage". Then next month the "Gilmore Girls" revival is back and Netflix also has a new show "The Crown" about when Queen Elizabeth II became Queen in the 50s and it looks good. Other than that the other new shows won't start till after the new year. But still watching all my current shows as well.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I was mostly housebound for the weekend with back pain. AMC was doing a Walking Dead marathon, and I kind of got into it (even though zombies scare the bejesus outta me - that's why I never watched the show before). I watched the season premiere Sunday night and was kind of traumatized at the level of gore. It was like watching a torture video (I imagine), very grim.

But then I loved Vikings and the notorious episode "Blood Eagle" was probably one of the most violent and graphic things shown on television. I don't know what my point is. Oh yeah, I shouldn't be judgmental of people who liked the season premiere of The Walking Dead.

P.S. Folk who watched Documentary Now: did I miss the one with Peter Fonda?

I am still reeling a bit from Sunday's premiere episode of Walking Dead. I actually had to change the channel at one point, and I rarely do that for this show. But then this series has often moved me profoundly. That's what I like about it.

Last season was kind of boring, though. I hope your back is feeling better, NMB.
    Last edited by Delilah; 10-25-2016 at 06:37 PM.

The Larry Sanders Show
    Peep Show

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

NMB, I think the one with Peter Fonda is this week's which is the season finale.

I never got into "The Walking Dead" even though so many of my family and friends are fans and I love some of the cast members. I never liked the zombie concept in any films or shows and I can't handle anything too gory. Hearing so many talk about the past episode I'm so glad I don't watch as I wouldn't have been able to handle the gore.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Speaking of John Ritter I started watching Parenthood on Netflix. One of the returning characters was John's son Jason. Oh what a cutie he is. Great show too.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Border Desperado

AHS Season 6 episode 6 totally threw me for a loop. Ryan Murphy said it was going to and it really did.

Need to finish watching last week's Documentary Now.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Is anyone watching This is Us? I really like it. It's quite different in that it goes back in time and to present day with the characters. Justin Hartley from Young & the Restless is a main character and I really like him.

I've never watched Walking Dead. Just don't do zombies, ever!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten