Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

All my friends liked Bobby Sherman, but I liked David Soul the best, too.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    I heard a trivia contest today and they said that The Monkees show premiered on this date in 1966 and that Frank Zappa guest starred on the show. He played a car! How you play a car I do not know!
    I was 10 years old back then!
    I was 10 years old then too, Brooke! Davy was my first big crush.

Then I went on to watch the Partridge Family too, FP.
    Was anybody also a fan of Bobby Sherman on Here Come the Brides?
    My brother in law has a cousin who looked amazingly like Bobby Sherman back in the day. I'm told I spent a great deal of time at my sister's wedding following him (Lenny) around and staring at him adoringly (I was 6).

Now, all these years later, I work with Lenny's wife. Recently, I happened to be following them down the hallway leading to the cafeteria when Lenny turned around and said, "Are you still following me around?" I could feel my cheeks turn hot!

I don't know what Bobby's looking like these days, but Lenny's not half bad!

Lol, Molly! I had a crush on Davy Jones too, and like you, Brooke, I remember the very first episode being shown (but I don't remember the plot, and I wouldn't have had a clue about Frank Zappa). I actually met Mickey Dolenz in real life once - he seemed like a nice guy, but it was not an appropriate time to ask for autographs.

FP, I loved the cringing humour of the Office, too. Top Gear (despite Clarkson), Question of Sport, University Challenge are popular in our house. I don't watch soaps - too dreary, but occasionally get into a good drama - Judge John Deed and Silent Witness, for instance.

Has anyone here seen Heroes? I started to watch it thinking it was going to be a lightish sci-fi programme, but it steadily got more and more gruesome until I gave up.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

lol Molly!

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    Has anyone here seen Heroes? I started to watch it thinking it was going to be a lightish sci-fi programme, but it steadily got more and more gruesome until I gave up.
    Micky was my crush - how cool that you got to meet him! As for Heroes, I have a guy friend who loves the show and tried to get me hooked on it by inviting me to watch it with him. Unfortunately, like you, I was turned off by the violence.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    I watched (gulp) the Partridge Family and I had the entire set of bubblegum cards. I had to ditch them before we went overseas in 1972. Then of course I became a fan of David Cassidy's music.
    Me too.

I can't contribute much here because I guess you all have never seen a German TV show.

I watched a lot of American TV shows but usually I don't know the original title so you wouldn't know what I'm talking about.

I watched a special on Elvis last night that was basically about Elvis in Vegas but it included little bits of his whole life. A variety of artists sang his songs and paid tribute to him, and most of the songs were done very, very well. I was tickled to discover that many of my favorite singers, including Paul McCartney, Faith Hill, Beyonce and Chris Isaak, also love Elvis too.

Priscilla Presley talked about her life with Elvis, as did some of his buddies in the "Memphis Mafia," who they called the "very first entourage." One of his buddies was reminiscing about life on the road with Elvis and said at every show, they were sent out into the audience to find the prettiest girls and invite them backstage for the party after the concert. Sound familiar?

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

I'm reviving this old topic because I wanted to once again call attention to Eureka. I love it - charm, intelligent plots, witty one-liners, great special effects, engaging characters, and eye candy to boot!

It's about a little town where the government puts its geniuses to develop nifty things. Sometimes the discoveries go wrong, endanger the universe by tearing a fabric in the space-time continuum, things like that, lol. The star is the sheriff, who's the average Joe in the mix.

I'm totally bummed though - last Tuesday, they killed off my favorite character! I HATE it when that happens! I don't know if the show will ever be the same without brilliant, complex, and drop-dead gorgeous scientist Nathan Stark.

Still, I'm stickin' by it. It's too entertaining to give up! I don't want its ratings to fall as a result of Stark's death, and it get canceled.

So, if you love science fiction with a good mix of light and dark, check it out. Tuesday nights at 9:00 on the SciFi channel!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Soda, I started watching Eureka because I went to College in Ashland Oregon and on Sundays, when the liqure stores are closed in Oregon, they were open just over the Cali border in Eureka, Ca.! When I heard they had a show called Eureka about a town called Eureka I thought Cool! I started watching it. Believe me, the REAL Eureka is NOTHING like the TV Eureka. If there's a genuis there, they're well hidden. (No offence to the residents of beautiful Eureka California)
    I do love the show, however and, while I havent watched muhc TV lately, Im bummed to hear they killed someone off!! Who was it?

I just want to say I'm really excited to see the new HBO show True Blood. I've been reading Charlain Harris books for years and I love her writting (the southern vampire series is excellent! who doesnt like kinky vampire sex??) but seriously, her characters are so well developed and believable, I can only hope the TV version can live up to Charlaine's version. Anna Paquin plays the lead roll and, well, we'll see. If she can pull off a decent southern accent, maybe she'll make it. It does look like they'll be catering to the kinky vampire sex demographic (unfortunate) but read the books and it'll definatly make the series more interesting *grin*

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I really like the show Bones. It is a crime show with humor also. I think the characters are so cute together.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

TBF, yeah, David Boreanaz is HOT!!!!! I loved him in Buffy too. OH baby! talk about vampire sex *wicked grin* The series Bones is based on the books by Kathy Reichs about a forensic pathologist named Temerpence Brennan. I HIGHLY suggest reading the series. It's wonderful AND there are a lot of them *grin* so you never get to the end!! (I hate it when I finish a series before the author resleases the new book!) Although David's character doesnt exist in the book (eye candy anyone?? *grin*) you can always use your imagination