Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

I haven't checked it out "This is Us" yet Brooke but I plan to. I feel like it'd be better as a binge watch for me personally and I've got too many shows I'm currently watching. I love Justin from "Y&R" and I'm so sad he left. That was also another reason why I couldn't watch his new show yet as Adam's gone. LOL Adam's always been a favorite character of mine and I know they'll recast him soon since "This is Us" is a hit and Justin won't be able to come back. I also love Many Moore, Milo Ventimiglia (he's Jess on "Gilmore Girls"), and Sterling K. Brown. I know some of the twists already but still looking forward to seeing how the show is which I'm thinking next summer as I'll have less shows on then.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I hope your back is feeling better, NMB.
    Thank you, kind Delilah. The back is still acting up but the doctor prescribed a stronger medicine so tonight I'll be feeling no pain

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I had no idea George Blagden was the lead in Versailles (I haven't wacthed it, yet). He's come a long way in a few years - I think he was just out of drama school when he was cast in Les Miserables.
    He, Alexander Vlahos and Evan Williams are all brilliant in Versailles but some of the dialogue is awful. It looks gorgeous though and these three manage to overcome the handicap of an ill-thought-out script.

SS
    xx
    http://secretsquirrelreviews.blogspo...s-on-bbc2.html

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    But then I loved Vikings and the notorious episode "Blood Eagle" was probably one of the most violent and graphic things shown on television. I don't know what my point is. Oh yeah, I shouldn't be judgmental of people who liked the season premiere of The Walking Dead.
    Blood Eagle was the goriest, most bloodthirsty thing I've ever seen on TV. Hard to watch. Plus I felt really sorry for Jarl Borg.

SS
    xx
    http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot...is-fimmel.html

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Me too, he was one of my favorite characters. Maybe because he looked like he could have fronted a Seattle band in the 90s. A lot of the Vikings actors had that grunge look, you know?

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

I like zombies. One of the few video games that I've finished is "Dead Block". For The Walking Dead, it got moved onto pay TV that I don't have. I suppose I could upgrade my TV package, but don't feel that inspired. Things I want to watch seem to move around, and it would require a hugely expensive package to watch them all.

We do have Netflix at the moment, and I've been watching designated survivor.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I haven't checked it out "This is Us" yet Brooke but I plan to. I feel like it'd be better as a binge watch for me personally and I've got too many shows I'm currently watching. I love Justin from "Y&R" and I'm so sad he left. That was also another reason why I couldn't watch his new show yet as Adam's gone. LOL Adam's always been a favorite character of mine and I know they'll recast him soon since "This is Us" is a hit and Justin won't be able to come back. I also love Many Moore, Milo Ventimiglia (he's Jess on "Gilmore Girls"), and Sterling K. Brown. I know some of the twists already but still looking forward to seeing how the show is which I'm thinking next summer as I'll have less shows on then.
    I am bummed about Justin leaving Y&R too. I was hoping he would do both shows. Of course he has 'disappeared' on Y&R for the moment, which is a storyline they have done to death!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I am bummed about Justin leaving Y&R too. I was hoping he would do both shows. Of course he has 'disappeared' on Y&R for the moment, which is a storyline they have done to death!
    I was too but then saw his role is too major on "This is Us" for him to do both. From what I read "Y&R" was waiting to see how Justin's show would do and now that it's a hit I highly doubt he'll ever come back. Adam's been a favorite of mine for years as I loved Michael Muhney's version and Chris Egan's before him (and I always wanted them to bring back Adam/Victor Jr. before that as I've watched since I was little). I hated they did the "supposed death" storyline again but we all know he's not dead and will be back at some point more than likely with a new face. It'll be interesting to see who they pick this time but they'll have a lot to live up to.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Me too, he was one of my favorite characters. Maybe because he looked like he could have fronted a Seattle band in the 90s. A lot of the Vikings actors had that grunge look, you know?
    You're right about the grunge band! Loved grunge - the one and only time I've ever been in fashion.

SS
    xx
    http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot...is-fimmel.html

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Is anyone watching This is Us? I really like it. It's quite different in that it goes back in time and to present day with the characters. Justin Hartley from Young & the Restless is a main character and I really like him.

I've never watched Walking Dead. Just don't do zombies, ever!
    I do. I love this show. I usually don't get too invested into shows because you never known when its gone, but I fell in love with This Is Us after I saw all those trailer on Facebook. When it finally came out, I wanted to see if it will live up to the hype and it did.

I used to be a soap opera nut and I remembered when I read Justin was leaving Y&R to do a pilot that was picked up. I totally forgot that the pilot they were talking about was This Is Us.

NBC needs to go ahead and pick up this show for another season. They see its a hit. I know they ordered a full season, but not another season yet. I think this show is here to stay. I always looked at the rating for the next day after it was shows. Other than the World Series beating everybody's butt, its kicking everybody's butt in ratings even beating The Voice on Tuesday. I don't know how its rank overall with the other show, but its definitely the most watch show on Tuesday.

As for Walking Dead. I like scary movies, but I don't watch the Walking Dead. Like I said earlier, I don't invest in watching different shows. Dancing With the Stars is the other show I watched religiously. I've been a fan of Dancing With the Stars since Season 4 and I've been watching every sense. I've never miss a season.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 11-07-2016 at 06:12 PM.