Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

I'm getting hooked on The Americans. It's a nice twist on the Cold War spy drama to have the protaganists be KGB spies in Virginia. The time period is early 80s with Reagan as a new president and the secrets relate to the SDI programme. I'm still on series 1, so please don't spoil me!
    Also funny that the russian spy pretending to be american is played by a welsh actor.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

UTW, I used to watch "The Americans" but had to give it up as I had so many other shows on. I got through most of season 3. I do plan on going back to it eventually and love both Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys. Another great 80s set show to check out is "Halt & Catch Fire", which will have it's final season next year.

Shun, NBC will totally renew "This is Us". Most networks usually wait till the spring to announce their renewals but it's a hit for them and did well last night against the World Series. That announcement should be coming any day now.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Border Desperado

Just binge watched This Is Us 2 nights ago. Couldn't help myself!

Caught Season 3 premiere of Salem on demand. Should be interesting, especially with Marilyn Manson on the show starting next week...

I just finished watching "The Crown" and I loved it!!! It's a new Netflix series that focuses on the British Royal Family and season 1 starts with Queen Elizabeth's wedding to Prince Philip and goes through her father King George VI's death and her taking the throne to other events in the 1950s. The cast is amazing especially Claire Foy as Queen Elizabeth, Matt Smith as Prince Philip, John Lithgow as Winston Churchill, Jared Harris as King George VI, Jeremy Northam as Anthony Eden, and everyone else. The sets are just amazing and it's so visually stunning. Supposedly there's a 6 season plan that would bring the show all the way to present day. Totally recommend it to anyone who's a fan of "Downton Abbey" and loves learning about the Royal Family/England.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I would like to see that, Buffy. I don't have netflix, but maybe can find on my streaming box.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Friends is one of the funniest shows to exist I also like Big Bang Theory

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Really digging Designated Survivor. It's a fast paced drama, so Kiefer Sutherland is a perfect fit. Every now and again he even utters the Jack Bauer classic "Dammit". Lol.

Stuck on the Border

I'm enjoying season 2 of "Humans". It's really good, enjoyable sci-fi with important themes. It's set in the current day but in a world where human-like robots ("synths") are commonplace - essentially a slave class. They are used for domestic duties, caring for the elderly, as sex workers and in season 2 even as a marriage counsellor (who can switch to a more soothing scottish accent if it makes the couple more comfortable!). There's also action, adventure and conspiracy mixed in. It's based on a swedish series.

I just finished watching the "Gilmore Girls" revival and I loved it so much!!! I'm so glad I finally watched the original series and now this revival. They brought back almost the entire cast and guest stars from the original, had so many great shoutouts to the original show & pop culture like they used to, wrapped up some storylines from the original series, and started some new ones if they do decide to keep the show going next year (which I really hope so as there's more to tell). Totally going down as one of my all-time favorite shows.
    ~*Amanda*~

Finally started watching "This is Us" and love it so much!!! It really is living up to all this critical and fan praise. I didn't watch it at first for two reasons, one being that I was in the middle of watching "Gilmore Girls" for the first time so I would only see Milo Ventimiglia as Jess and two I was still mad at Justin Hartley for leaving "The Young and the Restless" and putting his Adam character into a supposed death storyline that the new writers are still being slow to recast. The wait only helped a little as I'm not longer mad at Justin and his character Kevin still feels like Adam, but I only see Milo still as Jess but somehow he time traveled to the 70s & 80s and grew a mustache. LOL

But Milo is fantastic as the dad and I'm loving seeing him play Mandy Moore's husband as she was another teen idol of mine. I had posters of both of them up in my bedroom as a teen. LOL I also love seeing Justin, Sterling K. Brown (who I loved on "Army Wives" and the OJ miniseries), and Chrissy Metz play their grown kids. Has so many great guest stars and the writing and acting is amazing.

My 16 year old self never would've thought I'd like Milo with a mustache but like the only other two I liked with mustaches (George Harrison and Glenn) he's pulling it off. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~