Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

For those who love This Is Us. They are moving to Thursdays this fall. It will be on at the same time. 9:00pm Eastern/8:00pm Central. Also Will & Grace is coming back. So its going to be an interesting Thursday night.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Oh my gosh! That's so cool to see the video of the Viking hombres as regular joes all sitting together on a couch. I haven't seen Versailles but look forward to reading your blog entry over my lunch hour.
    Cheers, NMB. Sadly, the second season of Versailles is not as much fun as the 1st.

Did anyone catch The Case of JonBenet Ramsey documentary? I've always been fascinated by the case and the programme got me thinking and inspired another blog:

http://aweaponryofwords.blogspot.co....their-own.html

SS
    xx

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    What, exactly, does the word "ship" mean, the way you have used it here? Is it slang for something like "love their relationship?" Thanks, Buffy.

That's the first time I heard it too. Now people are using it of Carrie and Quinn in Homeland and I understand. Thanks.

SS
    xx
    http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot...-homeland.html

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Your blog is very interesting, Squirrel. Even if Burke hit her with a hammer and killed her, that still means her parents would have had to construct and use that ligature on her, which I can't imagine a parent doing to a 6-year old child. Not even to save their other child. But who knows... looks like we'll never know.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

You're welcome SS. I'm just surprised people still don't know the term "ship". I first learned about it in the late 90s getting into the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" fandom and magazines I and my Mom used to get about my soap operas. Entertainment Weekly even did an issue a couple years ago all about ships before and how it started a lot of fanfiction over the decades.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I've recently started watching The X-files, and I really like it. Night Court and Kolchak, The Night Stalker have become must watch for me on Laff TV and METV. I'm also pumped for the new season of America's Got Talent.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I loved National Geographic miniseries "Genius"!!! It just finished it's first season back on Tuesday and it was about Albert Einstein. Geoffrey Rush played him from 50 on, while Johnny Flynn played the younger Albert from teens - 40s. It was so well done and made by Ron Howard, and learned more things about Einstein that I didn't know previously. Season 2 got announced as well to be about Pablo Picasso, and if it continues each season will be about a different person.

But I'm also super impressed with Johnny Flynn as not only is he a British actor, but he's a musician!!! His first album came out 10 years ago and he toured with Mumford & Sons, and just released a new album back in January. His music is similar to them but also has an Irish feel to me, but also alt-rock and folk. I love his songs and his voice is really unique. Still shocked he's actually a blonde with blue eyes, as he dyed it dark and wore brown contacts to play Albert. LOL So glad for this show introducing me to him.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Buff, you would be the greatest casting director ever. Seriously.

I like the Night Stalker too! The monster costumes (no special effects) are amateurish by today's standards but it's still a very endearing show.

Been watching a lot of Netflix. Grace and Frankie with Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin is hilarious. Of course watched the new season of Orange is the New Black. And found a new series, Queen of the South. A must see. Also found a funny new series with Drew Barrymore, The Santa Clarita diet. She plays a Mom,Wife who by accident gets turned into a Zombie, A suburban zombie! Too funny. I always go back to my binge shows, Nurse Jackie, Sons of Anarchy and Weeds. And of course on TV The Golden Girls. I still belly laugh at all those jokes. Peace out.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

I've found some really great shows recently through Netflix or DVDs. First being the UK show "Grantchester", which airs on PBS here in the US. It's similar to "Father Brown", but the character Sidney is an Anglican vicar so he actually can date. LOL I love him helping to solve crimes and his friendship he strikes up with the detective Geordie. The other two shows are both Netflix ones, the first being UK set comedy "Lovesick" which I checked out since it stars Johnny Flynn (who I posted about in "Genius") and it's great, and the other is 80s wrestling comedy "Glow" which I used to watch as a kid and inspired this fictional behind the scenes show.

I've also of course been loving the final seasons of "Orphan Black" and "Broadchurch" too.
    ~*Amanda*~