Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

Brooke - Lol - I have never seen it either.
    I have a few friends who are huge GOT fans. I am considering borrowing past seasons from my local library.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Is anyone watching the Ken Burns' multi-part Vietnam documentary on PBS? It's brutal and sad - what else could it be - but I somehow manage to end up watching every night, even when I say to myself "I can't watch this anymore"!

One critic I read actually criticized the program for its diversity of viewpoint, but this is admirable, IMO. The critic wanted Burns to take a position (who was the "bad guy," who was most at fault) but I don't see how that could be instructive, not with a subject this complex.

OT: Trent Reznor does the disturbing original music. It sounds like a horror film soundtrack to me, but whatever floats your boat.

Border Desperado Midnight_Flyer's Avatar

one of my new(ish) favourite tv shows is American Horror Story, i love them, i am currently on season 4 (Freakshow)

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I just finished "Stranger Things" season 2 today and loved it so much!!! In some ways it was even better than the first.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I'm watching "Top of the Lake:China Girl". Actually, I'm almost at the end of rewatching the first series because I'd forgotten so much.

It stars Elizabeth Moss and is directed and co-written by Jane Campion.
    Liked ToL and also Handmaid's Tale, also with Elisabeth Moss.

SS
    xx
    http://secretsquirrelreviews.blogspo...elieve-me.html

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Your blog is very interesting, Squirrel. Even if Burke hit her with a hammer and killed her, that still means her parents would have had to construct and use that ligature on her, which I can't imagine a parent doing to a 6-year old child. Not even to save their other child. But who knows... looks like we'll never know.
    Thanks, NMB. Such a strange case. Always intrigued me. Poor JonBenet.

SS
    xx

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post

But I'm also super impressed with Johnny Flynn as not only is he a British actor, but he's a musician!!! His first album came out 10 years ago and he toured with Mumford & Sons, and just released a new album back in January. His music is similar to them but also has an Irish feel to me, but also alt-rock and folk. I love his songs and his voice is really unique. Still shocked he's actually a blonde with blue eyes, as he dyed it dark and wore brown contacts to play Albert. LOL So glad for this show introducing me to him.
    Haven't seen Genius but like Johnny Flynn. He wrote the theme to a UK TV show called The Detectorists (not super impressed by the series). He was also in a series that might have been called Brothers. Quite charming in that. He's played the US a bit and has a following there.

Here's a fave of mine: Bottom of the Sea Blues.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ire8x95Q6ys

in which he appears to be wearing a jumper of mine ...?

Also try The Water, here with a Mumford.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B60HAn2eu3o

SS
    xx

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Not a favourite show, but I think 'The Good Place' is an enjoyable light confection of a TV show. Those who enjoy 'The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' (spelling?) might enjoy this show.

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I just finished "Stranger Things" season 2 today and loved it so much!!! In some ways it was even better than the first.
    It was Great wasn't it. People would think awe it's a kid show, but it truly captures your mind and sucks you in! Love all the actors. Are you in "The Upside Down"

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Totally agree DJ!!! It's fantastic and they have such a great cast. I watched the after-show/interviews Netflix put up with the cast and crew too and you learn so much. The writers are only a couple years older than me, but makes sense as I too love so much that influenced "Stranger Things" and the 80s. They even had Bill Nye the Science Guy on the after-show to explain more of the science which actually is possibly real like multiverses. Plus, it's always fun finding the Easter eggs and shoutouts to all the 70s, 80s, and even 90s movies/shows/video games.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."