Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

Has anyone seen the Law and Order: True Crime series about the Menendez brothers? It's sort of like American Crime Story w/ OJ lite. I don't know if I believe the abuse theory, but it's plausible. However, the money theory is possible as well. If that sort of brutality in the murders was justified by money, I have a hard time believing that. I can believe the rage of it from abuse. The abuse just makes the money theory murky, since maybe they felt finally free after all that abuse if it were true.

The show made them sympathetic and portrayed as if the abuse were true. I wasn't alive when the trials happened, so I don't know how they acted for real when it was on TV. The first two episodes made them look suspicious, but the latter six made them look 'better.'

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I've been watching the Menendez trial too. I didn't get to watch last night's finale, but have it recorded to watch tonight. Very intriguing!

I remember when it happened being on the news but didn't follow it closely and just assumed they were guilty. Which they are, but if the abuse is true, I don't blame them one bit. It sounded horrible. I cannot imagine parents being so mean to little kids. Makes me sick! Can't wait to watch the end tonight! I'll try to stay out of here in case someone wants to discuss!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
    Has anyone seen the Law and Order: True Crime series about the Menendez brothers? It's sort of like American Crime Story w/ OJ lite. I don't know if I believe the abuse theory, but it's plausible. However, the money theory is possible as well. If that sort of brutality in the murders was justified by money, I have a hard time believing that. I can believe the rage of it from abuse. The abuse just makes the money theory murky, since maybe they felt finally free after all that abuse if it were true.

The show made them sympathetic and portrayed as if the abuse were true. I wasn't alive when the trials happened, so I don't know how they acted for real when it was on TV. The first two episodes made them look suspicious, but the latter six made them look 'better.'
    I'm fascinated by these true crime things but this hasn't come out here. I had heard of the Menendez Case and always believed the brothers to be guilty but didn't know the background. Will try to catch it if comes here.

SS
    xx
    http://aweaponryofwords.blogspot.co....their-own.html

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

So, the Memendez brothers both got life without parole. I still feel like they should have gotten the manslaughter sentence. There were pictures that confirmed the sexual abuse. How could these little kids make up something so horrific?

But then, Lyle tried to get some of the witnesses to amplify their testimonies. If he would have left it alone, they might have gotten off with manslaughter.

And that Judge! He was so unfair to the defense lawyers. He was against them the whole time wanting a conviction to make himself look good. Should have had a different judge for the second trial.

Thoughts?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado The Disco Strangler's Avatar

I'm really enjoying the Frankie Drake Mysteries airing on CBC.

BBC have made Line of Duty available on BBCiplayer, all seasons. Realised I'd missed the 1st season. Absolutely riveting telly. Great script, great acting. Got to credit the creator Jed Mercurio (surely not his real name?).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...es-1-episode-1

SS
    xx
    secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot.co.uk/

Banned

Cool Re: Favorite TV Shows

The Menendez Brothers are innocent.

O.J. did it...

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Most of mine are finally coming back from the holiday hiatus or are mid-season shows in general. Am excited "Riverdale" is getting a spinoff of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" (as "Riverdale" is based off Archie Comics) and they casted Kiernan Shipka (who played Sally on "Mad Men") as Sabrina. I grew up on the 90s show and it got me into Archie Comics. Even though the new show will be Netflix I'm hoping she'll still be able to appear on "Riverdale" and vice versa as her town Greendale has been shown and she's been hinted at, and both shows have the same writers and producers. Will be a darker version based off a recent comic storyline and already was picked up for two seasons.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I really enjoyed the Menendez series, I just called it "Menendez" - I would tell my kids, "Not now, I'm watching Menendez!" Terrible tragedy all around.

I also loved "Feud: Betty and Joan" on FX.

Next up on FX is The Gianni Versace murder docudrama series. So sad! But I will def be watching - Ryan Murphy does a great job with these.

Just finished "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" on Amazon Prime. Excellent!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you