Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

I agree about David Caruso, just something about him. Im really looking forward to seeing what Lawrence Fishburn can do in the roll, but I will definitely miss Bill Peterson.

I used to watch NCIS a lot, but I havent lately. I noticed the new season was starting. If it's on at a good time, I might check it out this season

I agree with y'all about David Caruso but don't tell my mom that. She absolutely LOVES him. She says "H" is her man.

I've only watched bits and pieces of the C.S.I. with Lawrence Fishburn. I agree that he is a great actor but the show is just not the same without Grissom and I just can't seem to get into the show without him. I haven't seen all of season 9 but I plan to get the dvd at some point. I'm on season 8 right now. I'm so weird about watching my tv shows on dvd. I HAVE to watch them in order and from the very beginning. I have seasons 1-6 of CSI on dvd and have watched them all. I bought season 8 around March of this year but I couldn't start watching it till I had season 7. But I finally bought it and watched it and am now on season 8.

Btw, in some ways Grissom has always reminded me a little bit of Don. They don't look completely alike but they have some of the same mannerisms. They both raise their eyebrows in the same way. They tend to be introverted. They both have an affection for the environment. Grissom even went to Walden to teach during a few episodes.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

One of my best friends is crazy over David Caruso. I don't get it at all.

I've never really watched CSI. After your description of Grissom, Jess, I may need to...

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

I used to LOVE the original CSI, but then they paired Grissom and Sara together and I lost interest. That grossed me out because they always seemed more like father/daughter relationship to me. LOL I always wanted Grissom/Catherine. Then when William Petersen left the show I COMPLETELY lost interest....haven't seen it at all since.

I used to absolutely detest David Caruso therefore I wouldn't watch CSI:Miami. lol However, I gave the show a chance and I actually love it now! It has nothin to do with Delko....nothin' at all. But even there, I can't stand the pairing of Delko and the blonde lady (name is escaping me for some reason. Calleigh?). I liked Delko and Natalia better.

I also LOVE NCIS!!! I was extremely bummed when they killed off the director (can't for the life of me remember her name either suddenly but Lauren Holly played her) the season before this last one. I loved the chemistry between her and Gibbs! But I love the way the entire cast interacts. I watched the new one NCIS:Los Angelas with LL Cool J and Chris something or other this week....it was good....but faaar from the original.

Other shows that I watch are Without a Trace (LOOOVE Anthony LaPaglia!!!), Law & Order:SVU (is there a greater duo than Benson/Stabler? I think not.), Army Wives (Michael and Claudia Joy are my fav.'s), and Bones (hilarious)!

I was also a big fan of The Unit and Samantha Who, but they cancelled both.

I loved VH1's "Behind the Music," but they stopped showing it in favor of shows like "Rock of Love." However, to my delight, I just saw a commercial for three different episodes and I'm currently watching the one on Pink. They've brought it back! YAY!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Not sure where to post this, but if anyone watches the show Same Name (tonight 8:00 central time) it is featuring someone from my town, Danville, IL. I do not watch this show, but I'll be watching tonight.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

That's cool, Pm!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

So did he do Danville proud?

Actually it was really fun to watch, even if Danville wasn't shown in the best light...it is true that our population is diminishing and we can't seem to keep a good store or restaurant, but I like the way they focused on the family. Much to my delight, I recognized Cindy Bush as someone who I have helped in the drive through at the bank many times. She is always very nice. I was also delighted to see that she and I purchased the same top! She is wearing it in the airport scene at the beginning.

Here is the entire show for anyone interested. The premise is that they take two people with the same name - one a celebrity and one a 'regular person', and have them switch lives. Our show features Reggie Bush, the football player.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/same_na...d3AFVh1F_XAWrP
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

What a clever show! Maybe they should do one with the guy who used to run don-henley.com.