Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Eagles 02 Dublin 4 June 2014

Default Re: The Eagles 02 Dublin 4 June 2014

Can anyone tell me if Timothy still has the goatee?

Border Troubadour

Here's one of Tim for you TF, as you can see he still has it.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Out on the Border

Hi everyone, DD sorry to hear about your Dad, I lost my mum last year to cancer, it's a tough time.

Glennsallnighter, I just realised you said you came to the front just to the left of Timothy Schmit, we were stood right at the barrier in front of him. It wasn't you who came up asking for a setlist was it? I remember a woman with dark hair asking for one from the security guy in front of me and he told her to come back at the end and he'd see what he could do.
    I'm so jealous you're going again

Out on the Border

Smile Re: The Eagles 02 Dublin 4 June 2014

Hi Everyone, Haven't been on the books for a while. But I wanted to tell EVERYONE how wonderful it was to see the Eagles 4 June 2014.
    I missed them in 2009 due ill-health, so was I pleased as punch to see they were coming back to these shores. I had myself in a right state by the time I got from Belfast to Dublin, I just couldn't wait. Wooah!!!
    I was so pleased that they enforced a no picture or standing in the way (that's unless of course you were in the standing area, of course) I was in the B block and it gets really frustrating when all that starts up. CHEERS TO THE EAGLES FOR THAT.
    From the very start seeing them all walk on stage, including Bernie Leadon, it really made my night. I nearly passed out with the excitement, much to my mum's horror. There she thought that she had the monopoly on hysteria, HA!!
    I was not disappointed, my years of waiting to see them. Wonderful music, harmonies, the craic from them to us the crowd. I hope this isn't the last we will see of them, but I have a sad feeling that it might, so I enjoyed the night, singing along and what a time that it just literally flew by. WONDERFUL

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by lestannons View Post
    Hi Everyone, Haven't been on the books for a while. But I wanted to tell EVERYONE how wonderful it was to see the Eagles 4 June 2014.
    I missed them in 2009 due ill-health, so was I pleased as punch to see they were coming back to these shores. I had myself in a right state by the time I got from Belfast to Dublin, I just couldn't wait. Wooah!!!
    I was so pleased that they enforced a no picture or standing in the way (that's unless of course you were in the standing area, of course) I was in the B block and it gets really frustrating when all that starts up. CHEERS TO THE EAGLES FOR THAT.
    From the very start seeing them all walk on stage, including Bernie Leadon, it really made my night. I nearly passed out with the excitement, much to my mum's horror. There she thought that she had the monopoly on hysteria, HA!!
    I was not disappointed, my years of waiting to see them. Wonderful music, harmonies, the craic from them to us the crowd. I hope this isn't the last we will see of them, but I have a sad feeling that it might, so I enjoyed the night, singing along and what a time that it just literally flew by. WONDERFUL
    I was in Block B too! We could have both passed out together

I totally agree about the no standing policy, it was great not to have a big head in front of me blocking my view of Don!!
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

DD and GA-

Thanks for the great reviews of the Dublin shows. It sounds like you both had wonderful experiences. And the guys are certainly looking fit and handsome

I love reading all the show reviews from overseas. How great that we've got borderers around the world to share their experiences. And so cool that they are still immensely popular there as well.

Glad you both had so much fun!

Wink Re: The Eagles 02 Dublin 4 June 2014

DD. thanks so much for the pic. Still not sure if I like it or not. But in reality I will take him anyway I can. Will see him in Portland. Will see if he still has then!!
    Glad you got to see them!
    Saw Don Felder last night. He played mostly Eagles songs. After 12 HOTE concerts, I just compared to the real deal. Did not even come near to Don Henley. The guy next to me told me he saw the Eagles once. Get this it was the same guys in the Eagles but they called themselves by a different name. Can you say "beer" anyone. LOL

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Thanks for the great reviews.
    glad you all had a blast

Quote Originally Posted by TimFan222 View Post
    The guy next to me told me he saw the Eagles once. Get this it was the same guys in the Eagles but they called themselves by a different name. Can you say "beer" anyone. LOL
    lol! Well, maybe he was just making stuff up. Sadly, people do that all too often! If it sounds unbelievable, it probably shouldn't be believed... Quite obviously there!

Sorry you didn't enjoy the Felder show as much, but it's hard for him to compete with the originals. That's one of the reasons I think he should play more solo stuff.

But I digress!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I'm loving all these different reviews and information! Keep them coming!!