Thread: “The Soundtrack of Summer”: Charter Amphitheater, Simpsonville, SC – 05/30/2014

Default “The Soundtrack of Summer”: Charter Amphitheater, Simpsonville, SC – 05/30/2014

A review of the show:

http://www.lowcountrytoday.com/npps/...m?nppage=37414

From the review:
    Take my word for it, no matter what part of the country you live I urge classic rock fans to catch the Soundtrack of the Summer Tour 2014. For baby boomers it is a trip down memory lane and for concert lovers in their 20’s and 30’s it is an opportunity to witness some of best rock musicians to ever come along in the history of rock n’ roll. Pairing the trio together is sheer genius. As one excited fan told me it’s like seeing the Eagles open for Styx and Foreigner without paying a $200 ticket price. Now that is priceless.

Default Re: “The Soundtrack of Summer”: Charter Amphitheater, Simpsonville, SC – 05/30/2014

Default Re: “The Soundtrack of Summer”: Charter Amphitheater, Simpsonville, SC – 05/30/2014

"Hotel California":

http://youtu.be/gm9o3VdvBuE

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

"As one excited fan told me it’s like seeing the Eagles open for Styx and Foreigner without paying a $200 ticket price. Now that is priceless."

Well, not quite! They are good, but Don Felder is NOT the Eagles. Sorry!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    "As one excited fan told me it’s like seeing the Eagles open for Styx and Foreigner without paying a $200 ticket price. Now that is priceless."

Well, not quite! They are good, but Don Felder is NOT the Eagles. Sorry!
    Yes; you know I thought of responding to this yesterday. I would never claim for example that if I saw Paul McCartney or Mark Knopfler solo that that was tantamount to seeing the Beatles or Dire Straits, and both of those men, especially Knopfler, have much more claim to epitomise their respective bands than a guitarist who didn't even sing any of the Eagles' most famous songs.

Heavy Metal

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxTt5W7Z3-s[/ame]

Hotel California

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4ZzW7cd4lU[/ame]