Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Casey Kasem

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by tjh532 View Post
    It is very sad, and worse that it is being played out in public (somewhat). I recorded songs from the top 40 too! Casey Kasem has one of the best radio voices! Not only did I listen every week, but I spent my New Years Day listening to the top 100 of the year

We had a top 30 radio show on a Sunday, and like you guys I remember waiting too with the tape recorder ready to record a favourite song. Sometimes I just recorded the show and used my twin tape to re record the stuff I wanted to keep (does this make sense to anyone who does not remember the 80's)

RIP Casey.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Back in the day, when radio was almost exclusively the way we heard new music, Casey Kasem's Top 40 was what almost all fans of rock and roll music tuned into each week. He was truly an American institution and I hope he rests in peace, and his family can sort through their differences.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I've always looked forward to listening to Casey Kasem's "American Top 40," which is currently broadcast in reruns on Sundays on local radio. I can still hear his cheerful announcing and his cameo vignettes. His passing leaves a silent space every week when his taped radio shows start rolling decades of countdown songs.