One of those articles states The Black Crowes banned photos. Not the case when I saw them in 2013. They (the band) even saw us taking pictures and never pointed or acted like they weren't comfortable with it.

Like it or not, times are changing and mobile devices (phones/tablets), social networking, texting is the new norm and while you don't have to do it or like it, you should respect it IMO....

As I said I'm not saying it's ok to film, take pictures non-stop, text non-stop, or use flash but the fact they are slapping people with warnings for having their phones out or taking the occasional pic is really stupid. And while I think holding up an iPad or tablet looks silly, it is slowly becoming the even newer way to take pics. And it's FAR more intrusive than your average 5 inch smartphone.

Gone are the days of holding up lighters for the encores, it is now smartphones. And I'm ok with that - and I'm one of the biggest stuck in the past classic rock fans you'll find. This is one of the only things were I think the Eagles could take some cues from newer bands as well as their contemporaries - welcome the new era of social media not just for concertgoers taking pictures but as a way to connect with fans and also share news.

I welcome new technology with open arms and I think to be that stuck in the past only makes them look bad.