Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The issue of Phone camera's and other issues in concert

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: The issue of Phone camera's and other issues in concert

I've been searching through the last couple years of concert reviews wanting to listen to a few of the songs again (DD, Reprise, Those Shoes, especially) and have noticed that, evidently, the strict policy of no videoing of shows has worked pretty well for them. At least, we haven't had many posted here, so I'm assuming they aren't available. There were quite a few posted back in July of last year at the Lucca, Italy show and before. Then when they came back to the States, very few.

Don't know why I'm telling you, but it makes me sad! I really wanted to see some from some of these newer shows!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

You see thats part of the point Brooke, they want you to GO! Which isn't really fair because it doesn't take into account that some people just arent in a position to go financially, location wise, health wise or whatever. But they seem to want to be in control of everything and that includes what is posted on video sites.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Unfortunately, GA, I don't think they see it as 'unfair'. They may feel bad that not everyone is in a position to attend one or more of their concerts, but they do not feel that person is entitled to view a concert on the internet for free. I realize that what Brooke wants doesn't apply here, she's just looking for a physical reminder of the concert(s) she did pay to go see. For others, though, expecting to be entitled to view a concert for free because they don't have the money (or choose to put their money elsewhere) is the same as expecting their hairdresser to do their hair for free and being upset when that doesn't happen. Or a free cab ride, or a free dinner at a fancy restaurant because all they can afford is McDonalds. It totally baffles me that people expect a free concert when they would never apply those expectations elsewhere.

You are right about the control thing as well. The pictures and audio from these phones and small cameras are very similar to foggy glass and nails on a chalkboard, and they don't want that to be what people see and think of them. You'd like to say that the average user realizes all that and takes it into consideration when listening, but they don't.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Unfortunately, GA, I don't think they see it as 'unfair'. They may feel bad that not everyone is in a position to attend one or more of their concerts, but they do not feel that person is entitled to view a concert on the internet for free. I realize that what Brooke wants doesn't apply here, she's just looking for a physical reminder of the concert(s) she did pay to go see. For others, though, expecting to be entitled to view a concert for free because they don't have the money (or choose to put their money elsewhere) is the same as expecting their hairdresser to do their hair for free and being upset when that doesn't happen. Or a free cab ride, or a free dinner at a fancy restaurant because all they can afford is McDonalds. It totally baffles me that people expect a free concert when they would never apply those expectations elsewhere.

You are right about the control thing as well. The pictures and audio from these phones and small cameras are very similar to foggy glass and nails on a chalkboard, and they don't want that to be what people see and think of them. You'd like to say that the average user realizes all that and takes it into consideration when listening, but they don't.
    I get what you're saying, and yes, the videos that we have been able to see and hear are not very good quality and sound nothing like hearing it live.

Which brings up the next point, how about a dvd of this show? I so hope they will put one out! Why do people want to watch these clips of shows? Because there is no where else to see them! And even though I have had the opportunity to see a very few shows, it's better to see a clip or two than nothing at all!

So, Glenn and Don, PLEASE put out a dvd of this tour! Please?

Brooke, it's like a salary. You're happy with what you make and three months later you want more! I went to 14 HOTE shows and I want to see more! I don't want to see poor quality videos on You Tube where every slug in the audience attempts to record Hotel California, Take It Easy, Desperado, and Lyin' Eyes like there are no other songs. I want the real thing! I want more concerts and I want a DVD. I don't ask for much, do I?
    VK

I'd be very happy with a dvd! Win, win! More money for them and more viewing for me!

Of course I'd like to go to more shows, but there doesn't seem to be any in the near future. Plus if they do a residency thing, they'll probably be too expensive for me and too far away. If!

I hear you both too and I totally agree. I have been to 8 HOTE shows and still find something new and different at each show. There are some performances that I know I will probably never see again if they drop HOTE after the Australian dates (AG, D-D and Reprise...etc). I loved this show and would gladly go again.

A DVD would be wonderful.

A residency I could cope with - I'd be prepared at least once a year to travel pretty much anywhere in the USA - its a time off work thing that prevents me from seeing them more (and meant I couldn't commit to Australia).

I'm anxiously awaiting what plans they have for after this leg of the tour!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Those of you who know me will have realised already that I've got a typically British satirical sense of humour. If you have too, then read on. If not, then best ignore this. Steph

THE ROYAL HOAXER DAILY

Saturday 14 March 2015

PALACE ANNOUNCES BAN ON PHOTOGRAPHY AT ROYAL EVENTS

In a press release issued today the palace announced an instruction from HRH Queen Elizabeth II banning the public from taking photographs and videos or using mobile phones at future royal events.

The Queen is quoted as saying that ‘she doesn’t want the public turning these events into their own personal photo shoot’, and is concerned that the enjoyment of other spectators is being ruined by those taking photographs. She is also concerned that some members of the public jump up and down at these events, thus spoiling the view for those behind them.

On the day of a royal event, signs showing these new rules will be erected along The Mall and all other routes to be taken by the Queen and other members of the royal family.

The Metropolitan Police have the authority to enforce these rules and have been told to be especially vigilant to ensure that no member of the public seen holding a camera, video recorder or mobile phone goes without notice. Police from other forces will be drafted in to assist the Metropolitan Police in this duty. Anyone breaking the rules after being given a warning by a police officer, will be removed from the area and taken to a motorway service area on the M25.

When informed that the British tax-payers were unhappy about these new rules, as their taxes fund royal events, the Queen said, ‘quite frankly my dear, one doesn't give a damn’.

Many tourists visiting London, most notably from the USA and Japan, were also unhappy to hear of the new rules, and have said it may affect their decision to holiday in the British capital in future.

Last edited by StephUK; 03-15-2015 at 01:38 AM.

Looks like they have taken advice from some maestros!!

Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I have to say, I've never heard (or seen in writing) anyone leaving an Eagles concert saying the last line! People might be torqued at the rules, but they generally never say they'd never go to another of their concerts. Of course, the 140 character limit on tweets may have something to do with that!

I mentioned in the second Auckland review thread that those in Australia hadn't tweeted much after concerts. I neglected to mention that those who did tended to mention the lack of using phones and nearly always as a good thing. Of the tweets I saw, I'd say over 2/3 were supportive of it, compared to the ones that complained.
    VK