Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The issue of Phone camera's and other issues in concert

Default Re: The issue of Phone camera's and other issues in concert

Quote Originally Posted by Zanny Kingston View Post
    I wanted to weigh in on this one as I am really of mixed opinion on the issue.
    I have now been to about 5 shows on the HOTE tour and the Buffalo Show I was at this past Saturday night ( 7/1 was the first time I really saw the security in action over the phone policy. Which I have read about in many previous posts here on this board.
    So I had great seats -4th row. Mr. Frey did actually call out a woman who was sitting in the first row center for texting. He then went on to say something like " Everyone ,this is our time together just sit and enjoy the show" So what happens? The man two people over from me decides to record some songs on his phone, got warned by security, and then got asked to leave because he did not stop. Then there was a girl in the row in front of me taking pictures while Don was singing and her flash went off. The couple sitting near her were older than her ,and I saw them trying to tell her to stop, but she did not, she kept taking pictures,, so guess who else was asked to leave?
    I get that people spend a ton of money for these shows and want a few pics because its a great keepsake, but most people just seem to lose control over it, and it becomes a phone being held up all night to record a show. That is why the Eagles do what they do. I respect it, and further, I am glad people get asked to leave. So many people believe that there are no consequences to breaking or ignoring rules but the Eagles, unlike a lot of others, actually put a policy out there, they tell people what the policy is , they announce it ,and what happens, people still just go ahead and do as they wish in terms of their phone use. So its not like you are not warned, its just unexpected to be caught and asked to leave as a result of breaking the rules.. It's really symptomatic of a much bigger issue but that is not for this forum.
    As someone who spent a ton of money for great tickets to another show recently and had it ruined by people in front of me waiving their ipad mini's and phones around over their heads all night - I have to stand with the Eagles policy on this one.
    I was in Buffalo too...and when Glenn called out that woman for texting...I was thinking...there are signs everywhere and they kept doing the announcements about it before the show...and she was in the first row texting?...maybe you could get away with it in the nosebleed section...but not in the first row...what the heck is wrong with people...and how bad would you feel to be the one scolded by one of the guys?...I'd want to crawl in a hole...

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I wouldn't want to be the one who paid $950 for a front row seat and spent the time texting! What a moron!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Knowing what I know now, I'd never break out the phone at their show.

But if they weren't obvious about it as they are now (back when I got scolded it wasn't printed or known much about) and I was made a spectacle of out of the blue, I'd be a combo of embarrassed and pissed I've never been before!

FWIW, it's not that I'm advocating texting the whole show. I just believe in the modern era of smartphones and people sharing stuff online and using it.

Same with streaming. There is always the sticky situation side of it though be it royalties or people not respecting others space and view. I was there was a good answer for both.

I make a habit of posting a pic of the stage from my seat view when I get to a show and that's how I found out about the Eagles hating it when the venue security lady yelled and said Eagles security was coming. The opening band (who I just LOVE!!!! ) hadn't even started yet or been onstage. I think that's a bit overbearing, but that's just me.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I make a habit of posting a pic of the stage from my seat view when I get to a show and that's how I found out about the Eagles hating it when the venue security lady yelled and said Eagles security was coming. The opening band (who I just LOVE!!!! ) hadn't even started yet or been onstage. I think that's a bit overbearing, but that's just me.
    It's not just you! Up until show time and during intermission is very definitely not unreasonable. In Baltimore, during intermission, I checked the score of the Pirates game, and texted HH.
    VK

An interesting article about when you're too addicted to your phone, and proof that just because phones and the social media they access are here to stay doesn't mean it's always the right thing to do. The lady in the front row at Buffalo that got reprimanded obviously has problems.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/well...now/ar-AAdkS0X
    VK

In Atlantic City people were taking pictures all through the show. I am guilty of sneaking a few photos but they will never be posted. They are for me. In all honesty I just wanted to enjoy the show through my own eyes & not that of my phone.
    I will admit that my son sent me a text which sounded like something happened to my cat but I waited until intermission to text him back. She was fine.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    just because phones and the social media they access are here to stay doesn't mean it's always the right thing to do. [/URL]
    I think that just about sums it up really regardless of an individual situation. I know some calls and texts can be important from a work or family point of view, and I HAVE been guilty myself of having to text family when I don't feel its the right thing to do. But I wouldn't do it just for the sake of doing it!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

An interesting article about when you're too addicted to your phone, and proof that just because phones and the social media they access are here to stay doesn't mean it's always the right thing to do. The lady in the front row at Buffalo that got reprimanded obviously has problems.

I fit most of the items on that list. I know I'm addicted, but I'm comfortable I guess. The only one that is a problem is the "text neck" issue, which I go to a chiropractor for. He's taught me to hold my phone straight across from me than in my lap. He knows detoxing from it and not using it wasn't an option lol.

I just think that social media has been a great way of connecting people. I think real life connection is good, but I see nothing wrong with social media or texting in the big picture, not just concert related. I think it's fine to have an online identity and life. I think Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Periscope, Vine, Pinterest, Google+, etc is all good and has brought me to people I would never have met otherwise.

It's hard for me to understand why some people hate it. I know in the guitar playing/music world it's been a blessing for the guitar players to talk and discuss gear, and it's been wonderful to connect artists and fans.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I think that about 7 or 8 of those apply to me. Honestly, Facebook is the only social media site I use ( I have a twitter account that I haven't logged into in over a year).

I'm not gonna lie. I'd go nuts if I had to give up my smartphone. (Heck, I'm typing this response on it lol). I can do without it for a few hours, though.

My problem is that because of lack of childhood social interactions, I rely on online interactions too much. I don't do well in public, unless I'm by myself. (Ie: I go to FYE to find new music to buy. I'm good with that.). It's when I'm faced with more than just a few "yes/no" responses that my brain shuts down. I don't have that problem when typing words on a screen. My brain and mouth don't have to connect!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    My problem is that because of lack of childhood social interactions, I rely on online interactions too much. I don't do well in public, unless I'm by myself. (Ie: I go to FYE to find new music to buy. I'm good with that.). It's when I'm faced with more than just a few "yes/no" responses that my brain shuts down. I don't have that problem when typing words on a screen. My brain and mouth don't have to connect!
    Totally my issue as well.

I didn't get along with my peers growing up, the kids thought I was different and treated differently than them because I'm disabled and so they got jealous and I was bullied severely so I grew up being anti-social and not liking real social interaction. I became a hermit and kept to myself, and still do.

Online is so easy to do, so easy to fake confidence or social skills. Hence why it's my drug. It feels comfortable and I don't have that painful feeling I get when I have to interact with people I don't know well.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger